Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Just completed this preamp working on getting panels cut Rather than reinvent Foes anyone have available .DXF files that can be used for front and back panels? I have tried to convert the .pdf files I have found on the site bug won’t convert. Any help appreciated
Thanks

Maybe I didn't understand your requirements but mechanical files for front panel provided in this thread are in .fpd format. they can be opened with the free software on www.frontpanelexpress.com then export as .dxf (even a 3D export is available -> .step format)

Attachments

• FRONT_PANEL_1U_v2_FINAL_BLACK_00 DXF.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 98
Okay,

There looks to be enough interest to justify another run. The kits will be available in 30 to 45 days. Unfortunately costs have gone up from last time.

A single PCB kit will be $65 US.

Shipping inside the US is $25 via First Class Post.
That means for one kit $65 + $25 = $90 to ship to ship inside the US.

Shipping outside the US is $35 via First Class Post.
That means for one kit $65 + $35 = $100 to ship to ship International.

// -------

If you buy a 2nd kit the shipping on that 2nd kit is free. That means 2 kits ...

Inside the USA $155 US (ie: 2 x $65) + $25 (pack & ship First Class mail) = $115 US

Outside the USA $165 US (ie: 2 x $65) + $35 (pack & ship First Class mail) = $165 US

A single kit amounts to ...

#1) the main PCB
#2) the 5 x 1 IO PCB,
#3) Front panel selector switch PCB
#4) Power supply PCB (configures to either 120 or 230 volts)
#5) and 2 (hard to find) OEM quad RCA phono connector blocks

Once I receive your order I will send you a collection of documents that are a pdf the original Linear Audio article, project schematics and BOMs.

I have had quite a few inquiries for PCB kits of late. A few months ago I had let my supply lapse. Interest had fallen off and the cost to mail them overseas had skyrocketed. Cost to ship overseas reach $35 US.

My question is, "Is there enough interest to make another run?" It's a great project that cannot be beat for value or sound quality.

So, please let me know if there is a real interest.

A nice *non 19"* metal case would be fine.

Hi Diyralf,

The software front designer allows non 19'' enclosures design. As the .fpd is provided in 19'', you can design with the software a non 19'' enclosure then copy/paste the "drawings" from the 19'' design. You can choose and change everything, the color of panels, .... just be aware to have an enclosure where the electronics board can be mount ;)

Last edited:
Example in attached file. The width is 200mm (19'' is 482.6mm). So maybe a width of 300mm + a height a little bit more and you can place all of drawings from the 19'' panels. Another solution is to place some things at the rear of the enclosure.

Attachments

• Front Panel.jpg
    Front Panel.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Hi Diyralf,

The software front designer allows non 19'' enclosures design. As the .fpd is provided in 19'', you can design with the software a non 19'' enclosure then copy/paste the "drawings" from the 19'' design. You can choose and change everything, the color of panels, .... just be aware to have an enclosure where the electronics board can be mount ;)
What I was trying to say was that I don't like these 19 inch audio racks. Nice metal enclosures are very difficult to buy.