• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

The build...

Still not sure about the front panel yet. The Douk audio case came with a 8mm thick silver anodised ali one. I have 3D printed this one to test the layout.

As you can see I have remotely mounted the programming header so that it is accessible via the front panel. The LEDs have been recessed which makes them look a little more sleek in my mind. The PSU is a Mean Well UHP-200-24 dialed in at 26V which is pretty much its max and just under that of the chipamps. There is also a 3D printed finger guard around the incomming mains connections.

Now I just need to get to grips with the SW and tuning it all to run the eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_6719.jpg
    IMG_6719.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_6727.jpg
    IMG_6727.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_6726.jpg
    IMG_6726.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_6725.jpg
    IMG_6725.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_6724.jpg
    IMG_6724.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_6723.jpg
    IMG_6723.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 495
Dear Lutkeveld, I have been following this project with excitement for a looong time now. When I started speakerbuilding and especially portable projects many years ago, I remember reading your posts over and over again on every forum I found them. I have learned a lot following in you footsteps to say the least. Its so exciting to see this take form.

I have some questions regarding this board, haven't been find it, maybe you could help me:

1. Can I use different dsp setting for every channel? This 2.1 but mono thing got me confused. I need to use all channels, low+low+mid+tweeter. Will this configuration be possible?

2. I intend to use two amp boards and connect them via true wifi for a stereo system, and I started thinking, what is the delay time when using one board as slave? Will this make video watching on netflix impossible?

3. I've heard that bluetooth 5.0 will have a/v sync, is BT 5.0 on the list?

4. I'm a DJ when nobody watches, and intend to hook up my mixer via rca to the aux in on the plate amp ext kits. Will I loose bluetooth connection while hooking up to aux? How easy to switch between aux on each amp and BT true wireless stereo?

Thanks in advance!

@oon Mono means the average of the sum ( (L+R)/2 ). So instead of left/right satellites its currently only possible to send them both mono.

@gary What do you mean with "only seems to display some of the filters"? The only things you can toggle are:
-EQ14 and EQ15, which are (de)activated by the EQ button.
-High vs low dynamic EQ

Other than that: all filters, EQ and XO, are always displayed.
The equalizer (EQ) are filters that are applied to all channels.
The crossover (XO) are filters that are applied to a single channel.

Nice build! Casing looks professional.

@REIER
Good to hear! To answer your questions:
1) Have a look at the configuration tool. You can see which channels pass through which filter blocks. You can apply filters to all channels (EQ) or set them per channel (crossover). Or a combination of both ofcourse :)

2) TWS stands for True Wireless Stereo, its handled via Bluetooth. I am not 100% sure about the latency. It supports APTX low latency, which has 34ms delay. But first of all, your source needs to support that, and second: I do not know if its active on a TWS connection. To avoid lip sync issues, its best to use a wired connection.

3) What is a/v sync? BT5.0 is on the list for future products. Im working on a board with TAS5805M amplifiers and BT5.0.

4) BT has priority. If the BT has no active stream or is disconnected, the AUX will be active.

@ill Thanks! How many channels do you need for that? This one already has 4 :)

@livero If you only need two channels its indeed recommended to bridge the channels to make it a 2 channel amp. Much luck with your build!

@Pelanj Nice! Be sure to post some pictures of your project!

@oon Mono means the average of the sum ( (L+R)/2 ). So instead of left/right satellites its currently only possible to send them both mono.

@gary What do you mean with "only seems to display some of the filters"? The only things you can toggle are:
-High vs low dynamic EQ

@REIER
Good to hear! To answer your questions:
1) Have a look at the configuration tool. You can see which channels pass through which filter blocks. You can apply filters to all channels (EQ) or set them per channel (crossover). Or a combination of both ofcourse :)

2) TWS stands for True Wireless Stereo, its handled via Bluetooth. I am not 100% sure about the latency. It supports APTX low latency, which has 34ms delay. But first of all, your source needs to support that, and second: I do not know if its active on a TWS connection. To avoid lip sync issues, its best to use a wired connection.

3) What is a/v sync? BT5.0 is on the list for future products. Im working on a board with TAS5805M amplifiers and BT5.0.

4) BT has priority. If the BT has no active stream or is disconnected, the AUX will be active.

@ill Thanks! How many channels do you need for that? This one already has 4 :)

@livero If you only need two channels its indeed recommended to bridge the channels to make it a 2 channel amp. Much luck with your build!

@Pelanj Nice! Be sure to post some pictures of your project!
So if I understand you correctly all 4 channels are (L+R/2) at the moment and it cannot be changed until the next revision?

Okay, wait for the next one. My thoughts are you should let the user set and choose themselves whether it would be L,R or (L+R)/2 to get more flexibility.

I was thinking of using for experimental 2.1 and active 2 way set ups.

Hence this request. Some of us might want to use it as 4 way system.

Oon

@ill
Each filter is a biquad, which is 2nd order at (-12dB/octave). So for example, you have 5 crossovers, so you have a maximum steepness of 5*12dB=60db/oct

@oon
No you can also send just left or just right. But most people will choose mono for now.

Just download the tool, you will see the possibilities :)

Lutkeveld

-High vs low dynamic EQ

Thanks. The case is nice and compact but still has plenty of space. I got it after I found the PSU would fit and that it matches the DAC case Douk Audio also sell into which I have built a PiCorePlayer. Not sure yet but there is enough space to integrate the two together in one case I guess with the Pi > I2C reclocker > Zoudio

Anyways back to the software. Some of it is definatley finding my way around it but at the same time there are also some funnies going on. My initial comments were based on my first play. However after restarting the program it started to behave.

Yesterday I completely lost the B trace and it only came back after a program restart. Also traces C/D showed as completly flat even though there were EQ setttings applied. I think it is the screen feedback and funnies that are confusing me at the moment.

The attached screen grab shows what I'm currently playing with together with a ZIPed .ini file.

I'm using V1.1.4 but in the log window it says V1.1.3?

Attachments

• IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Eggs 1.zip
    608 bytes · Views: 42
  • Zoudio Screen Grab1.jpg
    Zoudio Screen Grab1.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 188
The B trace is only not displayed when you select output AB as single. Otherwise it should always be active.

C and D seem to match your settings right?

Yes I did not update the internal version number by accident. V1.1.3 and V1.1.4 are different, but they report the same version number when uploading.

@ill
Each filter is a biquad, which is 2nd order at (-12dB/octave). So for example, you have 5 crossovers, so you have a maximum steepness of 5*12dB=60db/oct

@oon
No you can also send just left or just right. But most people will choose mono for now.

Just download the tool, you will see the possibilities :)
Your definition of 2.1 Mono confused me.

So just wanted to confirm it can do this before buying.

1) L and R and (L+R)/2 for the sub.
2) L high pass, L low pass and the same for a right to form a bi amp stereo system.

Thanks.

Oon

Hi,

No problem, actually luketveld said the same, because 2 channel means stereo, 2.1 normally means stereo + subwoofer, since it only covers part of the frequency it considered (.1). So when the term 2.1 mono comes in, it becomes really confusing... I was thinking the satellites are mono...

Oon

@oon
What you thought it was, is what is confirmed by synquasi, so no need to go back to square one :)
The sattelites can only be set to one thing right now (mono/left/right), individual control is being worked on. To keep the thread clean, for furter questions about the mono thing: please send a mail or DM

@gary
Mm okay, thanks for your feedback.
Did they dissappear after pressing upload?
What happens if you untick and then tick the box?

Yeah feedback it is as it’s not a show stopper but it did confuse me initially. When it has happened before it has just been with one or two traces. Unticking them and ticking them again does not reset it but restarting the program does. Have not identified what triggers it though