ZM's 2SK2087C musings, phase two - SissySIT (42) as a cradle

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mains Donuts must be on opposite side of case against signal xformers

one of the ways - post #908 https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/ludef.369990/post-6997306

img_20220406_184013-jpg.1044551

Re-mounted CLC as in board as possible. Yes I can see your point about interference with trim pots.

Bridges do have thermal paste and lock washers. NTCs in tandem as you suggest. View attachment 1282733

Have the traffos hang over the edge, as far away from the cinemags as possible. Also ditch those std rectifiers and go LT4320 active (IMHO)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Looks like I have same issue as Rhthatcher..”I had 220R level shift resistors and biased to 1A8 / 0V offset. After cooking for 90 minutes the bias crept up to 2A0x and 1A9x. I coudn't get back down to 1A8 with pot at minimum, so I put in 240R resistors and adjusted them to get 1A8 / 0V offset.”

Will start increasing level shifters…..gonna pop in 240r.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Nice looking builds. In the last few I’ve noticed big Ducati film caps attached to final PSU caps – are people getting better results with this extra film capacitance? I like how Monk’s film caps are right at the board too. I’ve never played around with film in PSU, mainly due to lack of space. Might be something to explore if there are measurable and/or sonic improvements.

ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
SissySIT 42 off & running. That ZM can sure make a great amp. Hats off mighty ZM!!

Im letting it run all day on tiny speak….
Final DCV under load 22.66…without load 25.25vdc. Using Antek AS-3218, 18vac secondary’s. CRCc…39k-.1r-39k-80uf. After an hour of running, NTC board 40c, Th51 37c, Moss 35c, & M201 32c.
Indeed put the level shifter on “stilts” so it can be changed! Then just solder in place.
Off to build left channel……

Reactions: 1 users
Is the mounting tray the right way up?

Will the case still fit together like that?

As is I think the various bolt heads won't allow the lower cover to close.

I'd flip the transformers over, so you can better dress their various wires

Pull out the little red jumpers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user