Zenductor

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, OK....

Here's the real thing, somewhat simplified for a T shirt graphic, but you get the idea....

:snail: :devilr:

Attachments

• ZENDUCTOR SIMPLE 2.jpg
    ZENDUCTOR SIMPLE 2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 470
  • ZENDUCTOR SIMPLE 2.pdf
    135.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
Finally, if my eyes and brain are not deceiving me, a new power transconductance/current source (obvious, it is a Zen, no? Choke loaded and no CCS. Pa if so as usual delivers on his promises, in this case a few years back in either the F2 or Alpair 12P thread.

MZM: I did order this from OPLDF! :rofl:

Tony: If my lousy interpretation is correct, interaction with the load is a minimal issue with a current source. Plus I gather phase will be inverted too so inverse connecting the speaker wires is advise, if at all relevant for your concern.

Wonder if there are some tickets left for BAF, may join on video :)

All wrong? Perhaps, I think not, but I don’t really care: exciting news anyways!

Seen, edited the post but you beat me to it (shoulda just written eddited to correct). With inversed output that makes sense, and in any case - DC residual or not - it would take care of thumps.

Added: Also, it doesn’t look is deprived of Iq as suggested. The L and two resistors (possible resistor networks G-Vpos/L and G-Vneg will take care of that, I would imagine. Not quite like on the F2, but perhaps in principle yes.

Last edited:
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Well that was a fun afternoon! And yes, it plays music but I don't want to comment too much, it's only an IRFP240 ;)

Edit: okay wait, if you're going to try this yourself, the upper cap needs to be in the milifarads, not 5uF. Hyooge difference.

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpg
    IMG_9079.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_9077.jpg
    IMG_9077.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_9080.jpg
    IMG_9080.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_9081.jpg
    IMG_9081.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_9082.jpg
    IMG_9082.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Joined 2020
Paid Member
I had trouble sleeping last night thinking about that resonant circuit. It seems like it can be modeled as an RLC where the R is the frequency-dependent impedance of the speaker. So if one has a speaker with a free-air resonance at 75Hz of ~100 ohms, does that mean that the LC should or should not be tuned to that same resonant frequency? In the case of a 50mH choke, 90uF would resonate at 75Hz. Would that destroy the speaker? It seems like it would have the exact opposite effect of a shunt resistor, as is sometimes done to reduce the resonance peak.