Zenductor

Hi

Is it possible to find out a little more about the Zenductor before the upcoming Burning Amp ?

Thanks
Eric

Zenductor

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
(EDIT) @6L6 here, Eric has allowed me to put some links and such in this top post to make things easier to find. Thank you!!

Here is the post with Nelson's article - ZENDUCTOR ARTICLE

zenductor.jpg

zenductor-jpg.1215963

Beautiful pair of amps built by Mike Rothatcher sitting on the optional chassis pans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
fat zen single mosfet amp with choke and caps, 24Vdc brick, common drain (so gain)

see:

I got a 16 inch, wooden Buddha towards the corner on the right side of the stereo... it's Thai and it's heavy. It works sort of like a harmonious bass trap, keeping the corner resonances impermanent and selfless.

But yeah, is there a description of the little Buddahs?

Bodhisattva, would you take me by the hand
Bodhisattva, would you take me by the hand...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
'twas a typo, I meant common source , so gain

yeah, indeed, more brainfart than typo, rhyme pulled me

:rofl:

though, for 5W only, I can see Pa using any of common drain / common source, but with Zen in title more likely common source - as original Zen was

truthful rhyme is common drain (so no gain)

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The PCBs are 5x7 and can be built up several of ways, even mounted atop a BUD 5x7 chassis if you want a more finished tooby look later. Each naked monoblock would fit in a cardboard box perhaps 8x6x4 with room for some bubble wrap around. Maybe I could stick around Petaluma on Monday and take a few to the UPS store for the far-travelers. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hey... is Andrew Jones gonna be there on Sunday? The guy from Elac?

I got a couple of pair of pairs of speakers done by him.. one is the cheapy ones but the other ones are the Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52. a small 3 way ported box with coax mid/tweeter. It is an awesome speaker, although low sensitivity and it really sells for an absurd low price.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Having Jones there will be awesome for sure. He's gifted. Maybe we can ask him to start considering building 95db efficient speakers to go with the First Watt concept? The UB52s paint a great soundstage with the F4 ( driven by CJ preamps ) but it's like sliding your sound levels down by 10db. Very low noise but peaks also low. Great sounding for night time. For daytime, they need at least 100 watts to truly come alive.

Hmmm... you think Jones would autograph his speakers? I mean, I could bring them in, and say, hey, these are... PRETTY good.

Actually, I've been thinking of getting the Carinas with their ribbon tweeter.

Reactions: 1 user