What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Hi together, my name is Frank Wilker.
I have developed some volume controls with Muses chips (72320 and 72323). In the last few months, I also developed a balanced (variable) input module.
More detailed information is available on my website https://www.audio-perfect.de/pre_modul.en.html
I'm speaking here because I was asked by several forum members whether my PreAmp module (input selector board) would fit the Iron Pre.
I have already received several orders for an adapted module.
After consulting with Patrick from the DIY shop, we both felt that there would probably be more people interested in such an entrance choice.
There will be a module for the Iron Pre that is designed exactly for its hardware. I will include the power supply of the Iron Pre.
The existing input board is shortened so that only the output sockets (maximum 4 mixed outputs) and the two Muses chips are available here.
The microcontroller board contains the IR sensor, connection for the 2.6 inch display and the rotary encoder. It is able to control a trigger output and a power output (1600VA). In addition, a standby mode is possible, which enables switching on and off by remote control.
The special Iron Pre solution works on all existing boards and also on the newly designed boards. The existing boards only need to be wired and populated slightly differently.
I am currently expanding my website with the description of the existing module. There will be a separate entry for the Iron Pre. I will post the link here when I have started to expand the website.

Reactions: 1 users
I also offer pure volume controls without input selection (with or without display). If you only want to replace the volume control, you can also get a customised solution.
Please do not orientate yourself on the prices on my website.
The Iron Pre solution will be cheaper because part of the hardware is already available. There is a discount on ready-made solutions if you point out that you belong to the forum.
I know there is another thread dealing with this very issue. However, I think this way more Iron Pre users will get this information.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Frank, I would like to encourage you to start using the ESP32, as you've mentioned in the PDF above. It offers much more memory for additional functions and it's also much faster.

Are you willing to make a version available which does only attenuation and which allows interfacing to an external microprocessor - should the users wish to write their own code? SE and balanced versions would be great.

Hi Skylar88,

I could at least provide modules that have a freely programmable MC on the board. With the supplied MC, the fuses are shot so that the software cannot be read out.
An interface would of course be possible. So you mean that you only transmit the volume commands? And program the data output to the display itself?
However, some users would then have to come together who would like this solution. The effort is not insignificant.