Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The newer PCB have them, Wayne had them in his original build, it’s certainly not going to hurt, and might be a good idea if you are running it with the big outputs. I cant tell a difference one way or the other, but if you want to add them, go for it. :yes:

From where did you source those cool looking control knobs?
I'm having difficulty locating a vendor of 'audiophile' size and style control knobs. Thanks.

@Ken:

This is the exact vol knob—took a while to arrive—nice finishing:
1PC 40x22mm Black Aluminium AMP volume potentiometer Knob for Guitar Amplifier | eBay

And the smaller select from the same vendor:
1PC 20X15mm Black Aluminium volume potentiometer Knob for Guitar Amp 6.0mm | eBay

They will combine shipping if you ask.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Okay—so my build is different from Rookakoma's—MAN, YOUR BUILD IS INCREDIBLE!... LOVE.

Took a bit to get it quiet (Wiring it up wrong at first didn't help—didn't follow my own wiring schematic! gah!)—but WOW. DEAD SILENT now. Really loving what it's doing through the phones... Can't wait until plugging it into AJ. And do some A/B action with Mark's Noir just for enlightenments.

Most of the issues I had were understanding how to wire up the selector from the Salas Mezmerize-style input selector.... And putting ground wires wherever I needed to to get it silent (Thanks 6L6!!!!!!)

And of course—thanks Wayne! This was an AWESOME build.

Clean build! Like the use of the I select board...what volume pot did you use?

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The newer PCB have them, Wayne had them in his original build, it’s certainly not going to hurt, and might be a good idea if you are running it with the big outputs. I cant tell a difference one way or the other, but if you want to add them, go for it. :yes:

Is this the same capacitor use as in X's post 871? I thought (but don't know) that his were on inputs and outputs? And these (like pics of Wayne's original unit) were to prevent possible sag with some headphones?

Please correct me here, I have no idea what I'm talking about, just like his comment about preventing the DC at output.....I know it's harmless but OCD still doesn't like it!

Russellc

Hi guys,

I have a set of boards for Wayne’s Line Stage and thinking about making a start. Is it happy to drive 2x power amps? I use the Mesmerize buffer now which provides a good load for my DAC then I split the output to the 2 amps, 1 with 10k input impedance and the other with 100k.
If this LS is suitable would it be considered an improvement to the buffer?

Cheers Dave

Hi all,
I’m about to start build Wayne’s line stage, I had forgotten that I’d already ordered the parts! (There was a lot going on at the time….)
There have been quite a few power supplies mentioned but I don’t think there was a definitive recommendation. Can one of you fine, experience operators point me in the right direction.

Many thanks