Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Finally completed....

A while back I completed the assembly and test of my BA 2018 which went very well (apart from a minor issue with soldering a couple if items in the wrong way around :headbash:). Thanks to everyone for the help and guidance provided in the forum, and of course to Nelson and Wayne for graciously providing us with these designs in the first place.

It has been a while but I have finally managed to get it all boxed up and looking a little prettier, so thought I'd share my end result. It sounds wonderful!!!

Now I can't decide whether to build the Aleph J, M2x or F5 to pair with it. I have all the boards sitting in a box ready to get started. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 563
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 365
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 365
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 508
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 596
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 556
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 560

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
An absolutely incredible construction! wow! :yes: Probably the best one so far!

To be precise, I'd drop the "& N.Pass" from the screen. If you want an extra name, Wayne borrowed an idea of Scott Wurcer's... you could add his if you wanted...

I agree with Gary - Aleph J or M2x, build the one more interesting to you. Both are incredible.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
A single Fugly? I see your fugly and raise you all in....

Nicely done Sir!

M2X :)

I'm humbled to even get one 'fugly'. I really couldn't have done it without the inspiration and help from everyone here. Thanks everyone!

It is very addictive though. I keep buying boards and components after reading other's builds. Piled up in a box in the corner are boards and most of the components for a Pearl II, Korg B1, F5, M2x and an Aleph J. Unfortunately I can't build as quick as I can buy! I did learn a lot with this one though and hopefully the next will be a little smoother, and quicker.

I'm well and truly hooked.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
An absolutely incredible construction! wow! :yes: Probably the best one so far!

To be precise, I'd drop the "& N.Pass" from the screen. If you want an extra name, Wayne borrowed an idea of Scott Wurcer's... you could add his if you wanted...

I agree with Gary - Aleph J or M2x, build the one more interesting to you. Both are incredible.

Thanks 6L6 for the tip on the screen credits. Should only take a couple of minutes to update the Arduino code and give credit where it's due.

@flamethrower1
I see you fitted the heatsink. Does it get warm? Is it actually needed in a standard build?

Also, I note you've used the fancy shaft couplers for the switch and attenuator. Do these make a difference to the feel of the control over, say, a solid brass coupler with set screws? Where'd you get 'em?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Stablgr, wow incredible build, very nice!
Almost embarrassed to post mine.
Anyway I have mine finally to the point of only having to do final adjustments.

Looking good!

It was only by following countless builds and reading way more than I remember on this forum that I got the inspiration and confidence to give it a go myself. What I love about this place is that there are so many out there willing to share and help out.

I think my next problem may be justifying to my better half why I need two or three preamps and three or four power amps!

Gary