VituixCAD

I needed nearfield measurement to merge it with my spatial farfield measurements
In that case it's a matter of guesstimating levels anyway and sticht the two "by eye".
Anything above 200Hz or so isn't relevant or anything above the bafflestep region to be more specific.

Also, in that case 5mm is maybe a little to close actually.

Anyhow, the wavelengths of those frequencies definitely don't care much about many obstacles.
If you line the two up, they are basically identical for the low frequency part

Attachments

• coax.png
    coax.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for this newbie question,

I have spl traced my woofer and tweeter,

I have just entered the tweeter spl graph ,
Right now just want to play and see what happens,

But when I add in parts nothing changes?

Am I missing a setting

I do have a mtm design I want to fully build , and test but fig baby steps

Jeremy

I added all that and nothing changes?
Obviously I am missing something
Basic electronics would be my guess...

Since you've got a tweeter response loaded, start with a basic high pass. You don't even need to bother loading a frequency response in there.

1665634490251.png

Attachments

• 1665634385601.png
    1665634385601.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 40
I am just playing trying to get it to move ?

A driver's frequency response is altered by altering the voltage applied to the driver. We have to put a reactive element in series with the driver in order to alter the voltage... i.e. a capacitor or inductor. In your circuit you have elements only in parallel with the driver, and these can change the impedance seen by the amp, but they do not change the voltage as seen by the driver.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I added all that and nothing changes?
Obviously I am missing something
You have your driver connected directly to the amplifier. This is a low impedance point and nothing you do here will change the Voltage seen at that point so the driver will see only what the amplifier does. This is the function of a Voltage amplifier.

Rather than this, you should try using a series component first. This turns the other side into a higher impedance node where Voltages can be manipulated. Only after establishing a reasonable impedance should you begin sending components to ground.

You have your driver connected directly to the amplifier. This is a low impedance point and nothing you do here will change the Voltage seen at that point so the driver will see only what the amplifier does. This is the function of a Voltage amplifier.

Rather than this, you should try using a series component first. This turns the other side into a higher impedance node where Voltages can be manipulated. Only after establishing a reasonable impedance should you begin sending components to ground.
I will put in my current xover tonight for my speaker,

See what happens

You are approaching this forum far beyond your current understanding of electronics fundamentals. I'm sorry to to say that. It's just true.
100% agree Paul,
Unfortunately this is my starting point ,

I am try to solve a puzzle I have zero understanding,

But the great thing about these forms, there is always someone will to.take the time to.help ,

We all have been that guy

100% agree Paul,
Unfortunately this is my starting point ,

I am try to solve a puzzle I have zero understanding,

But the great thing about these forms, there is always someone will to.take the time to.help ,

A starting point is part of the process no matter what the subject. Just start at the right point. It's not unfortunate. It just 'is what it is'.

I have more than 3 decades of experience in pro audio. Vituixcad is new for me.

Start with I = E/R. There is an important relationship with these three values.

Last edited:
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Absolutely.

Perhaps what this needs is a fresh thread in the Multi-Way forum where you can explore your circuit development skills. A thread like that could include simulations which show you the results to watch out for, what to avoid and what to do.

This also keeps this thread on-topic for issues directly related to Vituixcad.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/forums/multi-way.6/

Reactions: 2 users