• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not good with audio descriptions. The VSSA sounded flat and slow in comparison. TSSA was airy and fast. Analogue guys call it PRAT. Not as much soul as my favorite Class A amps, but very close. To my ears, VSSA was not in same class. I liked v6 enough that the supposed improvements in v7 having me dropping some coin on custom cases.

Sonny, I too would like BAL to SE conversion module to use with the V1.7. I am considering a transformer based approach, but this seems to fly in the face of this design. I have found too many advantages in my situation to balanced cabling not to try to implement it in all my system components.

So I have started my review of the amplifier on my forum. It is in French but you can have the page translated easily. I will translate here later on.

Here you can check it out. I'm currently at the burn in stage but it is moving forward with good results so far

Amplificateur Current Feedback TSSA

Ciao!
Do

I have updated my review for those who are interested. This amplifier is a real marvel!

Thanks
Do

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
it Can be done
neat. I'm thinking of just keeping the BLs at the rear by the connections and being able to switch between dual SE standard signal and BAL Pro mode signal. In that I lay no quality subjectives. Pro is just standard signal +6 dB (x2) balanced.

Since I dont like cinch I use 1 x 4 pin XLR for Dual SE and 2 x 3 pin XLR for balanced pro signal.

That is my standards. Regarding sex I am more open.

Getting ready to test. Maybe tonight.
Regarding the preamp,more details would be welcome.
Did you manage to listen to it yet?

Attachments

• 20141014_121335.jpg
    20141014_121335.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 320
This module can be used after an volume potentiometer.

It is a CFB design which means it needs a feedback resistor in unity gain mode.

It is power full enough to drive headphones.

It only needs +/-15VDC and at least an feedback resistor.

It contains 119 discrete parts per channel.

1/3 is the housekeeping to get the module running stable.

Module size is 50.8mm x 81.3mm

Each module cost 81€/module.

I am making a mainboard for it as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.