• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finished the assembly and setting bias and offset was really easy, as the amp seemed a lot more stable than previous version. I set it at 1 amp and could set offset at less than 1 mV.
I can set bias even higher, as I have the heatsinking, but I need to relocate the modules at the center of the sinks.
I listen only for a while, tomorrow will have more time, but initial impressions are very positive. At first I thought that I had the volume down, but no. This was because of the increased dynamics of the amp! Everything was better separated and you had a better soundstage and depth of the scene also.
All in all a very nice and worthwhile upgrade and an excellent amp. Can' wait for tomorrow to listen some more.

Finished the assembly and setting bias and offset was really easy, as the amp seemed a lot more stable than previous version. I set it at 1 amp and could set offset at less than 1 mV.
I can set bias even higher, as I have the heatsinking, but I need to relocate the modules at the center of the sinks.
I listen only for a while, tomorrow will have more time, but initial impressions are very positive. At first I thought that I had the volume down, but no. This was because of the increased dynamics of the amp! Everything was better separated and you had a better soundstage and depth of the scene also.
All in all a very nice and worthwhile upgrade and an excellent amp. Can' wait for tomorrow to listen some more.

I am very happy that you see it as an good upgrade.

On HIFI surround 2014 in copenhagen next week Migo (Kado Sound) will play on through a Blue Cheese Audio DAC.

Hi Sonnya,
Have you already started to develop TSSA V4? Is it a two pair of Mosfets amp per channel?

Yes i have started on developing both TSSA V4 and V8.

TSSA V4 will have 4 mosfets in total per channel and will be able to work with +/-45 - +/-55VDC

TSSA V8 will go to +/-70VDC.

I have hoped that i was sitting with the board by the end of this week but that is not the case. I will not receive anything before next weekend.

The TSSA V4 is only slightly modified in the basic circuit to get to a higher voltage. But the main thing changed is that there is constructed an +/-15VDC low noise high PSRR supply for this amp to get it running at the higher system voltage.

So the sound signature will be the same.

Best regards

Sonny

CFB OPAMP V1.0:

On my workbench i have test the module.:

It runs with 2x gain noninverted. RF/RS is 499R/499R. Input has an lowpass of 100R and 47pF||10KOhm.

Data:
  • Full power bandwidth : ~6MHz
  • Power consumption at +/-15V : 45mA
  • Measured THD + N at 1KHz : -118dB
  • Slewrate : 180V/uS
  • Offset Drift at 2x gain : +/- 500uV

So on to the FFT measurements. There is no harmonics at 1KHz and 10KHz. I think it speaks for it self. :D

We can deliver them now.

Attachments

• opamp1 cfb 1V input 2x gain RF+RS 499+499.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 100
  • opamp1 cfb 10 KHz 1V input 2x gain RF+RS 499+499.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 55
CFB OPAMP V1.0:

On my workbench i have test the module.:

It runs with 2x gain noninverted. RF/RS is 499R/499R. Input has an lowpass of 100R and 47pF||10KOhm.

Data:
  • Full power bandwidth : ~6MHz
  • Power consumption at +/-15V : 45mA
  • Measured THD + N at 1KHz : -118dB
  • Slewrate : 180V/uS
  • Offset Drift at 2x gain : +/- 500uV

So on to the FFT measurements. There is no harmonics at 1KHz and 10KHz. I think it speaks for it self. :D

We can deliver them now.

For info: same module running with 21x full DC gain drifts +/-3mV. This is still without the use of servo.

Sonnya,
May I suggest adding some more thorough descriptions of what is offered with each module or unit. I believe it will help those who might be interested in purchasing the different items. I suspect it will also cut down on the amount of emails you might receive as an attempt to gather this type of info.

Hi all.

I have a pair of SMPS from Audio power on the way home for test. They are the DPS400/S2 with +/-35VDC output.

What is interresting here is that they have an auxiliary power of +/-22VDC and 250mA. That is perfect for an preamp frontend.

I do not believe that there will be any problem with them. Only i do not think they are the obvious choice who those who want to run in class A unless they get air cooling by a fan.

But peak power is 1K Watt which is really good for a unit of 110x110x35mm.

Last edited:
Hi all.

I have a pair of SMPS from Audio power on the way home for test. They are the DPS400/S2 with +/-35VDC output.

What is interresting here is that they have an auxiliary power of +/-22VDC and 250mA. That is perfect for an preamp frontend.

I do not believe that there will be any problem with them. Only i do not think they are the obvious choice who those who want to run in class A unless they get air cooling by a fan.

But peak power is 1K Watt which is really good for a unit of 110x110x35mm.

Great! Looking forward to the report.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.