transistor amp not working after shorting output

The thread will stay archived, even after it goes dormant. Somebody even years from now might be searching, find something of interest, post a reply or related question and it gets resurrected. Happens all the time. It would only get closed for further replies if somebody violates the rules. Nothing here is doing that yet. Just don’t ever mention “cables” (which degenerates to anarchy, every time) and you’ll be fine for the most part.

Reactions: 2 users
The thread will stay archived, even after it goes dormant. Somebody even years from now might be searching, find something of interest, post a reply or related question and it gets resurrected. Happens all the time. It would only get closed for further replies if somebody violates the rules. Nothing here is doing that yet. Just don’t ever mention “cables” (which degenerates to anarchy, every time) and you’ll be fine for the most part.
thanks i dont mind for post to stay i just want to know how it works :D

Hi guys here is amp done! I have to add few more things but its 99% done, huge thanks to everyone for helping me to finish this project. You are all the best 😁🎉

Attachments

• Polish_20240308_134038290.jpg
    Polish_20240308_134038290.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 1 users
I hope so i will not use it as hard as my other amps i will respect it 😁 btw about case that i made i used regular tools nothing special but its ok, i am waiting for new trs plugs to arrive and handle also , btw its playing well i am satisfied with sound quality a sweet sound not like new amps i dont know why xd

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Precisely.

It is rare for lower energy appliances (like most stereos) to be able to support combustion. Transformers can get extremely hot and smoke / stink big time. Now speakers ... some of those burn very well.

I have only seen one amplifier support combustion (Proximity, built in Quebec). Others have shot flames out very briefly, one fired plasma through solid metal panels. Both were high power amplifiers and one was subjected to 550 VAC mains. The most I have seen from a high powered consumer receiver was smoke. Fuses did not prevent these occurrences.

Reactions: 1 user
A Flame Linear will support combustion when subjected to somewhere near 240V mains (when wired for 120). More correctly, just an open neutral at the panel.

Some girl in a band was using a pair of Pioneer monkey coffins that she set on fire with a QSC Model 41, using them for keyboard practice. Stunk up the whole house, I’m told. There was nothing that could be done for the speakers when Mom brought them in to be “fixed”. By a twist of fate I ended up with the amp years later, after it changed hands several times. But that replacement power switch was unmistakable.

Attachments

• 0EF45ABB-2CB7-4102-A321-D7D46159F8C0.jpeg
    0EF45ABB-2CB7-4102-A321-D7D46159F8C0.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 28
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Open neutral? No current should have flowed at all. Not unless neutral went to the other phase, then 208 VAC. Sure, amplifier failure is pretty much certain.

I love competent service like that! Just perfect. I even see this with consumer gear. You just have to scratch your head and wonder. lol!

I see this with roadies and music store "techs". DJs can be pretty original too.

I saw an Amcron fire flames out the sides once. A brilliant individual wired inputs and outputs into the same patch panel, same jack types and connected inputs to outputs. It burned pretty badly.

One thing is for certain. You can't protect anything from stupid. Unfortunately, stupid is very imaginative.