The Weather

Warming up a bit here on the west coast.
I present Cal's A/C unit.

Attachments

• DSCN6669.jpeg
    DSCN6669.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 82

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The local beer&chips market had a garden hose running to the side of the building. Why? there's no grass there!

It was feeding a lawn sprinkler tipped to wet the bottom of the commercial air conditioner condenser coil. Which you should not have to do, on a new properly-sized A/C. Ah, this has been in place for decades AND they enlarged the store 50% last year. Today was the day it maxed-out.

I present Cal's A/C unit.
Truly a multi function "water craft".
And come to think of it - growing up in a small town in BC during the 60-70's when no one had A/C's in their houses or cars. On hot days we just opened all the windows and sometimes Dad would turn on the fan for the heating system to help circulate the house air. I didn't even know what an A/C was until I moved to the USA.

A fan may be able to help spread the cooling in some areas, even a small fan helps.
The building hallway is 29°C which means the concrete is 29°C... My entire place is 25°C... The fan in this A/C is plenty to mix the air in here compared to the old set up using two 8000 BTU window shakers :) I had to replace that setup with a floor model because some moron managed to kill someone with a poorly installed A/C in Toronto two summers ago.

Tabarnak!
That's hot enough to melt my -s40 аѕѕ! (that's funnier if you ever had an Amiga and used the "say" program).
My car showed 30°C today and the A/C was trying as best as it could.
I Like my BMW, but I wish it had an A/C system from a 1985 Buick LOL
Car or home, I should be able to enable "refrigerator mode"... 10°C should be possible even if it's not practical at all :)

If I win the lottery, my dream home will include a meat locker just for hot days when you want to freeze for a few minutes.

It was so hot and humid this morning when I took my early morning walk. It was 90F with humidity so thick it was like ground fog. I sweat buckets (a good thing really).

There were a couple of severe storms south of here (Naperville and Will County) and the sun winked through the clouds, and around 11:00 a cool breeze blew through here and now it's around 82F with decreased (but still high) humidity, with a slight breeze. It's a nice summer day! It was miserable this morning.

There were tornadoes spotted in Naperville and Joliet. I live on the North Shore and we got torrential rains overnight (my grass needs it). The storms here just popped up overhead; they didn't blow in from another region. I noticed that a lot of storms this summer end with a tornado or three. Pop up storms have been very common too. It's been a wild summer weatherwise but no extended heat waves, and last I checked the roof is still on the house.