The Othorn tapped horn

I'm bein' a PRICK :D, but I think were gonna have to get you an amp that just doesn't care what impedance you are working into... If that's what it takes to get you back to the dark side I shall instruct the minions :rolleyes: to hook you up with the iPOWAH!
DarthVader.gif

If you're not after a 28hz cabinet, and are used to LOUD from small cabinets from 60hz up, then sure you'd be disappointed by this one.

This cabinet has excellent, almost true "sub" territory, yet has great sensitivity and output as well.

There's no reason to build something this large unless you NEED 28Hz response.

Eh who knows...

Where did you get the prints from? Me? I don't recall if I sent them to you or not.

What driver was used? Was it the 21sw152? This isn't some cab where you can just throw a generic pro 18 in there and have it work.

I would be interested to know more details...Construction, amplification, processing (This is required.) etc. Some measurements or impedance verification would help too. Thus far most everyone has been happy with them. This is a real sub not a loud woofer as noted earlier. Seems like you may have expected a typical loud 50Hz box.

I can say that I am not disappointed with the ones that I have had built and measured. I enjoy similar output to a good quality dual 18" reflex but extension lower.

Last edited:
playing around with the filter wizard, it seems the best results to be had are around 63 volts with an 18 db bw filter set to 25 hz. this helps soften the 38hz displacement peak a bit while also raising the 24hz peak a tad (still both below 12mm). given that the Othorn is a music sub, theres likely more HOT content around 38 than 24. time to compare to the keystone.