The food thread

Which came first: The Chicken or the Egg?

Why did the Chicken cross the Road?

Anywhoo, a minor Classic today. What the French call a starter:

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/books/delias-complete-how-to-cook/eggs-mayonnaise

IM000006.JPG

Not one of my worst efforts. :)

Reactions: 1 user
savoury eggs
AKA Stuffed eggs, Devilled eggs, Dressed eggs, Russian eggs.
And yes, they usually have the yolk removed, mixed with other ingredients and placed back in the egg white cavity*, often with a piping bag.
*Hint: Always cut the eggs lengthwise or you'll forever be trying to balance the darn things on the plate like my sister in-law once did.

Reactions: 1 user
More pasta fagioli! In Lent, my wife's mom would make this for her in their little place in the Bronx without any meat or sausage. Freed of those Lenten obligations:

1 cup pancetta, browned (Whole Foods carries, substitute to your taste)
1 white onion and 3 cloves garlic sweated
1 can cannelloni beans
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/4 cup of canned tomato
1/2 pound penne
Fresh rosemary to taste
S&P to taste

I don't need to explain anymore. The rosemary really helps the recipe.

Jack

Reactions: 1 users
More pasta fagioli! In Lent, my wife's mom would make this for her in their little place in the Bronx without any meat or sausage. Freed of those Lenten obligations:

1 cup pancetta, browned (Whole Foods carries, substitute to your taste)
1 white onion and 3 cloves garlic sweated
1 can cannelloni beans
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/4 cup of canned tomato
1/2 pound penne
Fresh rosemary to taste
S&P to taste

I don't need to explain anymore. The rosemary really helps the recipe.

Jack

If one may point out, your excellent recipe is not entirely meat-free! Surely chicken stock may have inflicted cruelty on Animals! :)

I was feeling a bit snacky this afternoon. Ham and Tomato sandwich seemed to be talikng to me:

IM000020.JPG

Very nice. But am considering whether a Cucumber sandwich would have been a better and kinder choice.

Ham is pickled pig meat. I think...

Made egg bhurji...
Fry onions till transluscent, add salt, chopped green chilies, black pepper, ginger garlic paste, stir fry till aromatic smell is released.
Then add finely chopped tomatoes, stir occasionally till they break up.
Then break eggs in the mix, stir slowly till done.
This has many variants...including cheese added.

the same cut, but lamb.
If you mean the shoulder, I can't side with you. If you buy it whole, you lose weight just trying to get the meat off. If you buy it frozen, already cut into steaks then you need a large BBQ to feed anyone. I need about 4 of them to satisfy me. Mind you, lamb hardly gets cheaper than the shoulder so to each his own.