Homemade Baklava, Homemade Pizza
1655569994131.jpeg

1655569424823.jpeg

1655569454282.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Leftover corn on the cob?

You can make an easy corn-souffle!

4 cooked corn -- slice off the kernels and soak all but 1/2 cup in a (one) cup of milk until the milk is reduced. Those milk-soaked kernels grind in a blender or food processor until smooth. Let rest until room temp.

Grind a cup of cheese (we used a very hard, old gouda) for a cup of grated cheese.

While recipe calls for 3 strips of crumbled bacon, I had pancetta left over, about 2 oz

Separate 2 eggs. Carefully!

Combine the milk-soaked and and "blenderized" corn, the left-over corn kernels, egg yolks, pancetta and cheese, with pepper and (basil, thyme, oregano) and allow to rest.

Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.

Combine egg whites with the corn mixture, folding per usual.

In a lubed pirex dish combine and cook 35 to 40 minutes at 350F until the souffle just jiggles.

Original recipe calls for 3 egg yolks and 6 egg whites. Economy dictates otherwise.

I had the heel of a gouda which could have served equally well as a heel for one of wifey's shoes. It was well deployed in this simple recipe!

Jack

So I often wait until I have 'something to bring to the table' before posting, but sometimes you're running late, there's nothing ready to cook so you improvise. Last night was one of those nights once again. So here is a 'nothing to eat' night around here.
Starting at the top and going around the clock:

CalChi with Craisins
Beef chew
Riceberry with roasted sesame seed and dry roast peanuts
Danish blue
Mini cuke spears

Five minutes to prepare and that includes washing your hands first.

Attachments

• DSCN6666.jpeg
    DSCN6666.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 53
Leftover corn on the cob?

You can make an easy corn-souffle!

4 cooked corn -- slice off the kernels and soak all but 1/2 cup in a (one) cup of milk until the milk is reduced. Those milk-soaked kernels grind in a blender or food processor until smooth. Let rest until room temp.

Grind a cup of cheese (we used a very hard, old gouda) for a cup of grated cheese.

While recipe calls for 3 strips of crumbled bacon, I had pancetta left over, about 2 oz

Separate 2 eggs. Carefully!

Combine the milk-soaked and and "blenderized" corn, the left-over corn kernels, egg yolks, pancetta and cheese, with pepper and (basil, thyme, oregano) and allow to rest.

Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.

Combine egg whites with the corn mixture, folding per usual.

In a lubed pirex dish combine and cook 35 to 40 minutes at 350F until the souffle just jiggles.

Original recipe calls for 3 egg yolks and 6 egg whites. Economy dictates otherwise.

I had the heel of a gouda which could have served equally well as a heel for one of wifey's shoes. It was well deployed in this simple recipe!

Jack
We used only 2 corn-on-cob, not 4!

closed account
Joined 2022
Those pizzas look top notch.

dude you should see my first pizza. Lol

it took me making around 10 pizzas a week to figure out how to make a really good pizza.
just part of my OCD. I didn’t just want to make any old pizza.

double cold fermented dough. Which sounds gimmicky. But it tastes much better and the most important part, is it’s light. It’s so easily digestible. Why the Italians use started and cold ferment the dough.

attached is one of my first pizzas. Lol
pretty funny when I look at it now.

and the dough after two ferments

Attachments

• 0AB5341F-D408-4D35-9AB0-12F7C16C966F.png
    0AB5341F-D408-4D35-9AB0-12F7C16C966F.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 83D655C9-2E0F-41B1-AE5D-4CBBF64D7507.png
    83D655C9-2E0F-41B1-AE5D-4CBBF64D7507.png
    4 MB · Views: 44
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I'm so sorry, felt more like eating before pictures after copy-catting Manu's paté Berrichon. :worried:

The crab looks great.
Cal thanks for this thread, it's close to my heart!
Jacco, that pie looks wonderful, care to tell what it is? (That is also a request to all the other posters of such great food).
I will have a go at making it this weekend.