The food thread

I thought it was the dumbest idea ever.
I thought the same thing about snowboards and even bet a guy 10 bucks we wouldn't see them for more than a couple years. Passing fad I said.
Anyone has a good recipe for hot wings marinate?
Try the internet. It's chock full of them.
I use honey, paprika, cayenne pepper, and some Mississippi hot source but the taste has touch of sourness and a bit downy.
What does downy mean?
I prefer a bit more bites.
Maybe up the cayenne a bit. Don't forget to add more salt as well.
I can't quite isolate which of the ingredient causes that sourness.
The hot sauce is vinegar based.

I wish I could get kegs of Ayinger, that stuff goes well with everything!

I was an avid skateboarder in the mid-seventies, and our family also went cross country skiing. When we would stop for lunch, I would often find a nearby hill and tackle it on one ski.
Having a family friend in the waterski, and skateboard manufacturing business within a mile of our home would have positioned me to advance the sport in that area, but I never pursued it.

Maybe it’s just a precipitate from drying out a bit?

Or maybe I’ve never noticed and is why it comes often in a dark bottle!

Last edited:
Gravlax:

Salmon filets, trimmed.
Coarse salt
White sugar
Black pepper
Dill

48 hours. Ready today.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 149
Methinks I will be trying it, as it's highly rated and Golden Boy is not. This was a blind test I just googled. Mine came in near the bottom while Red Boat 40ºN is number 1.

From what I read it is more close to a truly artisanal product which would be rare with Asian sauces in general, it has only two ingredients. It does cost more, BTW they have an aged 50ºN which is only available on line ($$). I also think it's Jacco approved.