The food thread

Well you tell S lady and the yung'un it looks good. Also tell them they can save all that time and have that slow cooked texture in less than 1 hour with InstaPot.

We also use the lesser cuts of beef as I find the flavour that much better. I just did an inside round for 24 hours in the immersion cooker and it came out perfect. Nice and rare and super juicy.

I'm on a shared driveway in back of another house on a main two lane highway, so I don't get Trick or Treaters very often. I think I have had maybe a dozen in 16 years.

I baked a beef round roast in an enamel pot with onions, jalapino and celery, served with fresh sour dough rolls, mashed potatoes, corn fritters, and fried okra for dinner. Swilled it down with Glutwein.

Attachments

• 20181103_180757[1].jpg
    20181103_180757[1].jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
a beef round roast in an enamel pot with onions, jalapino and celery, served with fresh sour dough rolls, mashed potatoes, corn fritters, and fried okra for dinner.
Now we're talkin'
Fish tacos tonight.
I still get hung up on the ground beef ones. I hope one day to bring myself around. Sounds like they were great.

Why buy prefab Glühwein?

Easy enough to make yourself.

All you need is a bottle of red, stick it in a pot, add a sliced orange, a bit of honey, cinnamon stick, cloves and may be a couple or three cardamon pods.
Heat it slowly but don't boil and it's done.

Personally I slice an apple into it as well.

Yes, I probably should do that, especially since I despise premix Sangria.

Fish tacos tonight. Fresh hadfock fillet oieces marinated in lime juice + zest, cilantro, oregano, chili, cumin then broiled. Served with home made pico de gallo, chipotle dour fream, and lettuce. And flour tortillas. And beer. :)

I remember back in HS when a local place in Portland advertised fish tacos. I thought it was the dumbest idea ever. Whoops. I was so wrong.

Fast forward to doing grad school in San Diego. Fish tacos were a staple of my diet.

Try a circus salsa and cabbage/Cole slaw. Thank me later. :)