Super Regulator

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Octopart.com says there are plenty of parts for sale at Texas Instruments' web store. Image #1 below.

I logged in to my account at the TI store to double check. TI agrees with octopart: plenty of parts on the shelf. Image #2 below.

_

Attachments

• octopart.png
    octopart.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 88
  • ti_inventory.png
    ti_inventory.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
Hello, is me again and i hit 2 roadblocks. I cannot figure out the Z6.8 D1/D7, if its 6.8V Zener then im stupid and excuse me. Second problem is that i wont be able to get LM329's but found the PM829 which uses 2 1N5234B diodes back to back as a replacement. I'm asking if any modification have to made to the board to house the replacement. Thx in advance.
(Figured out that the sense wires go with the power wires)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If you look at the schematic you'll see the zener symbol. chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://linearaudio.nl/sites/linearaudio.net/files/superreg%20article%20V2.3.pdf
D7/D8 are totally uncritical, they are there to place the opamp output 'about' in the middle of the supply range. For +/-15V that's about 7V.
You can use anything from 4.7V to 8.2V.
PM826's can be used for the references, yes. Walt shows how to wire them in series.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://refsnregs.waltjung.org/The_PM829_Reference.pdf
When you are going to buy 6.2V zeners, you can also use them for D7/D8 so you only need to get one value.

Jan

Joined 2011
Paid Member
If and when I include a series inductor in a DC supply, I try to find out that particular inductor's "self resonant frequency" . Either by looking it up on the datasheet, or by attempting to measure it on the bench. Then I attempt to devise damping circuitry that will lower the resonant "Q" below 0.5, so the inductor won't oscillate/ring at its self resonant frequency.

Perhaps this is needless paranoia, but the cost is usually very small, while the benefit (peace of mind) is, for me anyway, quite large.

_

Attachments

• inductor_datasheet.PNG
    inductor_datasheet.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 1 user