• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Soft as a Feather Pillow (SFP) SSR Soft Start Circuit GB

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Thanks much X!

Pete

These are $3.79 and good for 11 A.

SPP11N60C3XKSA1 Infineon Technologies | Mouser

This has 0.35ohm RDson so will heat up somewhat. Probably will need a small heatsink vs RDson 0.025 ohm ones.

You can search for “TO-220-3 MOSFET low RDson”

I am actually using TO-247 with pins bent to fit TO-220. The key is voltage able to handle mains, so 250v to 450v and low RDson. Also handle the DC current of interest.

My DC protection module.
protect.jpg

Hi all,

Had to sand the board ~0.5mm on the side to make it fit within my case; is there a performance/safety risk with the LV ground connected to chassis? Main concern I believe would be noise from the toroid coupling to the LV gnd?

I'm planning on adding electrical tape to cover the LV ground, but wanted to confirm for other contact points (bolts, etc)