Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

Thimios, yes, I rember those hectic Slewmaster building day's !!:D
Lots of sleepless nights, and when you do sleep then you dream about all the different building options !:D:D

Attachments

• 20170430_170825.jpg
    20170430_170825.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 776
  • 20170422_113513.jpg
    20170422_113513.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 780
Thimios, yes, I rember those hectic Slewmaster building day's !!:D
Lots of sleepless nights, and when you do sleep then you dream about all the different building options !:D:D

Very well done.
EI trafos where used because they were available or this type is your preference ?
And what kind of caps are you using in the main cap bank ? I wanted to know, I'm finally starting a similar project this month (Jeffs and Vallerys) having collected all parts except PSU. I remember I was so tempted to start Slewmaster couple years back.

slewmonster

Just for giggles I grafted on a VSSA board as an IPS, lo and behold it works. Testing has to be short and sweet at the moment since it still is not on a real heat sink yet. Seems to be a little over-compensated thermally, but then I did let the assembly get quite hot. This is likely a good thing at the moment.

jkuetemann
Hello dear you could share slewmonster and also the bom arc welder
Thank you

Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

Last edited:
I also built Spooky and KND. I struggled a lot to make KND stable with 80V rails.
As you, I don't hear any difference between them.
At the moment I'm using Spooky in my subwoofer amps and KND in the main speaker amp.

I have also built Kypton V, but never tested it on proper speakers. Maybe I should swap it into my main speaker amp some day and give it a chance?

Unfortunately i haven't an answer....
All these tested using cheap speakers it isn't an easy answer for me, sorry.

You should find local audio community and try your amplifiers to your friends speaker. I did it long time ago. Some friends have very expensive speaker, branded and DIY.

With good speaker, all amplifier sound different. You need several good recordings, too. But it need practicing to notice the differences.

You should find local audio community and try your amplifiers to your friends speaker. I did it long time ago. Some friends have very expensive speaker, branded and DIY.

With good speaker, all amplifier sound different. You need several good recordings, too. But it need practicing to notice the differences.

You should have very good protection systems to risk this test.
Another thing is that you need friends with good or very good speakers.

If the thimio's location is still the same, it's kind of isolated place in Greece, I'd doubt that they are many (if any) people with very good speakers. I guess thimio's contribution is the measurements, can't have it all.
BTW, the music is great, 'all the money' as we say down here :hphones:

Last edited:
Agrinion (Αγρίνιο) does not look like it is isolated according to the maps.
My ancestors stomping ground I been told.

Good speakers do not have to be very expensive nor look pretty, just good drivers in a properly constructed box.
Ha ha, good, rsavas, Agrinion Αγρινιο! isn't isolated.
Please can you recomment a good not very expensive diy speaker with full Support?