simple active crossover

Asadon-JFET-XO eeh.png

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
I bought these but haven’t had a chance to try them yet. They are well made with quality components in USA. Of course, if you are not into opamps, these might not be your cup of tea.

https://www.xkitz.com/collections/a...-way-active-crossover-fully-assembled-xover-2

IMG_9603_large.jpg

Manual with measurement graphs and schematics here:
http://www.xkitzconnect.com/files/XOVER-2_Instr_Manual_Rev_5_2.pdf
I bought a pair of these about a year ago, crossover at 1khz but haven’t put them into use for any real project yet. I was going to try a biamp setup with my Aleph J on top and M2 on bottom and I believe they have a gain setting on them but can’t say for sure. I did play with them initially just to see if they work. They were dead quiet and was pleased but as with so many other projects I’d like to get going I haven’t had the time ☹️.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Then it is most likely my dream XO you have designed here. Great job!

1. I am going to assume that the mystery generic caps can be 0.1uF as well. :)

2. About Jfet matching, is it only each pairs or all six or even all twelve Jfets that needs close matching?

3. Nelson swears by bi-polar cap on input and output. Any need for such protection here? I see some caps there already.

Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
1. Feel free to chage it. And recalculate for new resistor. Its not generic, just optimal for given frequency.

2. Just pairs is enough.

3. We select bipolar only if level is big enough to justify bipolar. I built many B1 buffers and his crossovers, and Mr. Nelson always uses mp cap when possible. I do not use input cap, because all my signal sources are well behaved and do not have dc.
Outputs are already cap coupled. No worries there. If it makes you feel better, use bipolar for low pass. I often do.

Reactions: 1 user