• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simpelstark+ ODNF amplifier boards GB

Which shipping option is with the tracking, can you please confirm back?

Thanks

I have tried to "simulate" delivery to, say, Hong Kong - everything from Canada Post Tracked Packet International and more expensive is tracked.
The other two less expensive options are not tracked.

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• GB Shipping - Virtual Zero Audio Store - Checkout 2019-09-03 15-57-08.jpg
    GB Shipping - Virtual Zero Audio Store - Checkout 2019-09-03 15-57-08.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 194
Canada Post Small Packet International Air is actually my favorite form for shipping. No tracking or insurance but pretty reliable and delivers in roughly a week to most of the world. India and Italy hold everything up at customs for a couple weeks no matter what option you choose.

We did have a few parcels go missing last Christmas around the time of the postal strike here in Canada. I reshipped all that disappeared and as far as I'm aware everyone received everything since.

Last edited:
Balanced Input adapter update

Hello All,

For your information - we have slightly re-designed / improved our Balanced Input adapter (XLR / RCA) - V2 version is available for ordering now.
We will "automatically" send the newer version to those of you who have already ordered the older version within this GB.

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• Input Adapter V2 silk.jpg
    Input Adapter V2 silk.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Input Adapter V2 module.png
    Input Adapter V2 module.png
    80 KB · Views: 142
Perhaps something around 15-20db? I have vhex+ amp (Greg's unit), it sounds great, but on my high efficiency horn setup, its got too much gain for my system (29db?) My Pass F5 with 15db gain is dead quiet.

OK, 29db is a somewhat "de facto" THX standard gain for the home systems, that's why we normally use it. It's easy to set 15db gain in VHex+ just replacing the feedback resistor from 27K to 5.1K (the amplifier will remain stable).

Simpelstark is a different story - I will come back to you after the weekend.

9db in voltage gain means roughly 5 times, meaning 25 times less power...
That means if I listen to my system at around 50W, you get around the same volume perception at 2W. Is the horn setup THAT efficient? :eek:

Efficient horns can run on a couple watts very well. My Klipsch are 102 or 105db /W (Depending on which spec sheet you look at) so a couple watts can be quite loud. My system is dead silent with any amplifier connected to it though, including my VHex+ at standard 29dB gain. It might be worth investigating the source of the noise before altering other equipment to mask the problem. This can be very tough to do though.