• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simpelstark+ ODNF amplifier boards GB

Hi Meanman,

This version (v1.3) utilizes the class AB OPS with wider than normal class A region. Outputs configuration may look like CFP at a first glance but it's not. Configuration with "helper" transistors used here is rather low distortion open loop - that was my intention for this amplifier.

You can download the schematic if you register in the store - just let me know as soon as you create your account, I will give you the access for downloading the docs (manual procedure).

Cheers,
Valery

Already created an account .

Hello All!

All the GB orders placed up till now are shipped.
Building guides are available for download (you need to be logged in).
If somebody forgot to place an order - DIYAUDIO discount code is active until October 1.
Questions, suggestions, requests for assistance are welcome - please let me or Jeff know.

Cheers,
Valery

Hi Valery,
I would like to ask if the simpelstark can drive 2 Ohm load, since I am going to try them as both tweeter amplifier (2 Ohm) and mid amplifier (4 Ohm) for my LX521?

Thanks
Trung

Hi Trung,

It will drive 2 ohm load, although I would decrease the rails voltage down to, say, +/-35V DC (a couple of resistors, feeding the Zeners will need to be adjusted accordingly), and probably increase the number of output pairs from 2 to 4-5 (a simple additional board will do) to increase the output current capability.

Cheers,
Valery

Hi, any sugestions on what type of resistirs to use in the amp, more preciselly the higher wattage kind because for the rest I will use metal film of course, R38 and R41 I have some vishay sfernic3 wirewound available, will these be ok? Or just use metal film or metal oxide kind.
Thanks,
Florin

Hi, any sugestions on what type of resistirs to use in the amp, more preciselly the higher wattage kind because for the rest I will use metal film of course, R38 and R41 I have some vishay sfernic3 wirewound available, will these be ok? Or just use metal film or metal oxide kind.
Thanks,
Florin

Hi Florin,

I actually use metal film in all positions except 1-ohm 5W resistors - those are the wire-wound ones.

Cheers,
Valery

Hi, thanks for the repply, regarding the 2SA and 2SC transistors, I can not get these , anything else that we can use with the same results and no modifications to the schematic/values of components, I did found the KSA and KSC versions on mouser, should be the same thing but they do not have the same hFe class available now, I could get them differnet but how well will be matched I do not know, are these very sensitive in terms of hfe?
Thanks,
Florin

Hi, thanks for the repply, regarding the 2SA and 2SC transistors, I can not get these , anything else that we can use with the same results and no modifications to the schematic/values of components, I did found the KSA and KSC versions on mouser, should be the same thing but they do not have the same hFe class available now, I could get them differnet but how well will be matched I do not know, are these very sensitive in terms of hfe?
Thanks,
Florin

The KSA/C versions from ON Semi are what is meant to be used here. No need to worry about matching, complimentary versions aren't even available in matching gain ranks.