Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

Never knew that in europe 10.000 = 10,000 in US?:p

I first saw this noted in my old HP15 calculator manual, page 61.

Another common thing to see in international schematic resistors compared to USA schematic resistors....

5R6 instead of 5.6 ohms

5k6 instead of 5.6k ohms

100R instead of 100 or 100 ohms

Also, the common date format in the US is mm/dd/yyyy, whereas in Europe it's more common to have dd/mm/yyyy

In the UK one can find analogue compared to analog in the USA or color in the USA and colour in the UK.

Attachments

• C0.JPG
    C0.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 756
Hello everybody!!

The Shui Yuan board I ordered has arrived ... I immediately put it under my system, I'm making it work ... I like it!
I'm hearing it with the original 5532 opamps, it sounds really good! It is not making me regret my modded TA2024 ...

I tried to put some OPA627s but I didn't like them (@daniboun)... I ordered some LME49720NA let's see how they go, even if the 5532s are fine!

Yes I agree,

this amp is very good and not even modified. To my taste, I find it superior to my 3eaudio PCB 3251.

I changed the NE5532 (oddly they sound not bad at all) by ADA4898. I am waiting for OPA1692. But if I compare the ADA4898 to my OP Musesb8920 on my preamp which takes only one dual, the Muses 8920 is far ahead

the protection circuit works very well ... in changing the opamps I had inserted them backwards, and in fact the board did not turn on, the red LEDs remained off

I did not understand why ... then I noticed the error, I inserted them correctly and immediately left !!

Excellent card, today I had time I tried it well with various HiRes songs and my Tannoys thanked !!

Yes I agree,

this amp is very good and not even modified. To my taste, I find it superior to my 3eaudio PCB 3251.

I changed the NE5532 (oddly they sound not bad at all) by ADA4898. I am waiting for OPA1692. But if I compare the ADA4898 to my OP Musesb8920 on my preamp which takes only one dual, the Muses 8920 is far ahead

You will like the OPA1692, I have some @home and work great ! Very good combo with the TPA3255 :)

Yes I agree,

I too ordered a Shui Yuan and while I don't hear that much of a difference between the Shui Yuan and my 3e TPA3255 other than the bass of the Shui Yuan being a lot heftier of the two, I think its a no brainer at more than half the price of the 3e and almost half the size too! Shui Yuan will probably sell truckloads of this and I'm not sure how the 3e TPA 3255 will compete, save for maybe build quality.

I too ordered a Shui Yuan and while I don't hear that much of a difference between the Shui Yuan and my 3e TPA3255 other than the bass of the Shui Yuan being a lot heftier of the two, I think its a no brainer at more than half the price of the 3e and almost half the size too! Shui Yuan will probably sell truckloads of this and I'm not sure how the 3e TPA 3255 will compete, save for maybe build quality.

The other alternative is the HanZao which is very good too, it uses low ESR caps and got very very good results with the OPA1692 particulary.
It is larger than the Shui Yuan but the inductors are about 3x time bigger (and 1.5X bigger than the Aiyima as well) and seem to drive a higher current.

IMG-20210308-234552.jpg