Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

Hi amigos,

I gave a test with the HanZao TPA3255 + OPA1692, I think it is the very first time they have been tested here with the TPA325X chip.

AMAZING OP AMPS !!!!!! Wouaaaaaaaaaaaa
An incredible definition! the highs are so good! The voices stand out wonderfully on the front of the stage, it's clean and what a soundstage! Love it )

Here are some videos, they are worth what they are worth but it gives an idea from a distance)

Video 1

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692

Video 2

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692 B

Hello guys

Since today I also have the Shui Yuan TPA3255 amplifier.

Work good. But when unpluged the power supply it shuts down immediately. 3e audio work a few time longer after unplug power supply.

Could it be because the caps are fake?

Will power my both canton subwoofer with it.

I have experimented a lot with the TPA3116 amplifier in the past. I came to the conclusion that a capacitance multiplier and a regulated power supply are beneficial. The lower voltage always resulted in a smoother sound. The situation is similar with the TPA3255 amplifier. We tested with a friend for hours yesterday and I can tell you this is one of the best sounding amplifiers I have ever had. (Various Pass Class A, Hiraga Le Monstre, JLH, Penasa Myref rev C, Tripaths, TPA3116 (8), etc.) Plays with extraordinary dynamics, musicality, liveliness. The stage is huge, with excellent separation and details. The capacitance multiplier is very sensitive to the capacitor. I use paralell 2x100uF Panasonic FCs. The supply voltage after the smps is now 29v and the sound with this solution is the most favorable for me. I think this amp is a good starting point for most diyers.

Very interesting post indeed!
I'll second all you are saying. But I did not test a cap multiplier till now. I'm experimenting with different PSUs and found out that a SMPS sounds faster and tighter than a normal unreg PSU. With unreg PSU Steinway did sound more like a Bösendorfer - not very convincing. I will try cap multiplier soon. Thanks for your sharing.

P.S.: My tip use Nichicon KZ, FG, VZ or ELNA Starget, Silmic II caps instead of Pana FC/FR.

Last edited:
Hi SinGun, I only tried with TO247 mosfets (IRFP140, 150, 240). I recommend this simple multiplier up to 300-400mA. At higher currents, a Juma or Pass multiplier can be used with safety. In this case, mine works perfectly. I tried with 100uF Elna Starget and I really like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• CMP Elna starget 100uF.jpg
    CMP Elna starget 100uF.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 922
Hi amigos,

I gave a test with the HanZao TPA3255 + OPA1692, I think it is the very first time they have been tested here with the TPA325X chip.

AMAZING OP AMPS !!!!!! Wouaaaaaaaaaaaa
An incredible definition! the highs are so good! The voices stand out wonderfully on the front of the stage, it's clean and what a soundstage! Love it )

Here are some videos, they are worth what they are worth but it gives an idea from a distance)

Video 1

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692

Video 2

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692 B

Hi daniboun!! I am interested in buying two OPA1692, where did you buy them?

I am afraid to buy them in China because they are usually fake :(

Thank you

Hi daniboun!! I am interested in buying two OPA1692, where did you buy them?

I am afraid to buy them in China because they are usually fake :(

Thank you

All my OP amps come from Mouser with SOIC8 > DIP8 adapter. This is the only way to get genuine ones.

Actually > I can sell any OP amps in DIP8 socket but I need to think about a group buy to amortize delivery costs...

Hi SinGun, I only tried with TO247 mosfets (IRFP140, 150, 240). I recommend this simple multiplier up to 300-400mA. At higher currents, a Juma or Pass multiplier can be used with safety. In this case, mine works perfectly. I tried with 100uF Elna Starget and I really like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Joe, thank you and nice to hear that you could enhance the SQ with Stargates. I will implement the CM for my opamp preamp first, after that I will build a CM for my TPA3255. Could you suggest a CM schematic for at least 4A?

Hey Joe, thank you and nice to hear that you could enhance the SQ with Stargates. I will implement the CM for my opamp preamp first, after that I will build a CM for my TPA3255. Could you suggest a CM schematic for at least 4A?

For high current amplifiers the multiplier doesn’t give me a better sound. Works well in preamp, DAC, D-Class. Juma’s schematic also works at higher currents, but needs to be cooled. I’m not sure at 4 amps, I’ve never tried. In the TPA multiplier, I doubled the Starget capacitor (now 2x100uF), the sound became more dynamic, the bass was better.

Attachments

• Juma CMP.jpg
    Juma CMP.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 935
Hi!
I received the card two days ago and I am listening to it instead of my modded TA2024 which was for me a reference ...
the capacitors mounted are from the Nichicon FW series, they look original honestly, I am considering to change them with the KZ which is Nichicon's top MUSE series, but honestly I have to say it already sounds great that way !! I also thought about changing the two NE5532s mounted, but in fact it sounds really good ... I tried some OPA627s that I already had at home, but I didn't like them, I put back the 5532s ... excellent amplifier!

For high current amplifiers the multiplier doesn’t give me a better sound. Works well in preamp, DAC, D-Class. Juma’s schematic also works at higher currents, but needs to be cooled. I’m not sure at 4 amps, I’ve never tried. In the TPA multiplier, I doubled the Starget capacitor (now 2x100uF), the sound became more dynamic, the bass was better.

This capacitor multiplier will not help much with the power supply transient load response to a sudden need in high current for the load (high crest factor audio signal), it mainly just filters low frequency ripple.