Regulated DC PSU - Plain and simple please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Built it, here are some 'scope screen shots. As was puzzled over the bandwidth thing mentioned earlier.
This is with 1khz input @ 12 volt supply. Top trace input bottom trace output -- note phase inversion

Attachments

• imag0001.jpg
    imag0001.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 154
Urgh...????!!!

Well, to my ears it sounds pretty good - infact great!

My reference system: (just to prove I am not cooky) :D

Kiseki Purpleheart Sapphire MC cartridge
Ortofon MC Rondo Blue
vdH MC10 (modded)
SME 3012 SII arm with uninterrupted Cardas cabling
Rega RB300 (modded) arm
Dewaudio Credence turntable
EAR 834P Signature phonostage
Valve Audio Exclame 100 hybrid amplifier
B&W Preference 6 floorstanding monitors
vdH CS122 Speaker Cable
Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
Dewaudio Blue Savanna Shielded power cords with power bus

The noise has cleared up a bit since my adjustments inside today.

Dewald

Ah - the 703's. My P6's are the great grandfathers of those... with the tweeter on top!

Yes please - I am interested in your earthing guidelines.

I have not yet attached the transformer, only the battery. Sorry, it is a bit hecktic this side so all this happens between all the other things... I am so tired where I am sitting here - going to take a hot bath and sleep.

My audio system have evolved drastically over the past 10 years. I usually only keep a t/t for 6 months... he-he!
The amplifier is the real star in the whole system as it is hand-built by a friend of mine. Uses FET's in the output with a 6922 tube in the pre-stage. 100 watts per channel rising to 550 into 1 ohm.

D

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hello :wave2: ,
Should have done that really. I knew someone would want a viewing. Actually you really really dont want to see it. O.K. then you do but it will be tomorrow this time.
Just a point on the oscillation, it was the kind where even bringing your hand near to it would stop it. A classic case of how not to build something :D :D . Well I wasn't going to design and etch a PCB now was I.
Post it tommorow all being well.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As per GD circuit earlier. Only difference is a 15 ohm instead of a 20 and ancient 2SD something or other :D . Very old, an audio output from 20 odd years ago. I did have a 2N3055 but it's easier with a flat pack. Thats a shocking thing to say isn't it :eek:
Oh yes the 15 ohm --- nice and inductive --- well you have to build to the "if it will work with that it will work with anything" principle. I hope you are NOT reading this GD ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.