Reflektor-D builds

Vishay VAR R6 + short 4 wire hopefully will prove best for synergy with your DAC and your subjective preferences.

Yes maybe.
today i replace the jfet with the resistor in this case the stock resistor in two wire mode and after a week of listening to the jfet i prefer the resistor version.
in my subjective listening the main difference to me is the stronger lower bass of the resistor version and i think the sound is bigger and stronger than jfet for that reason. the sound with the resistor seems more airy and natural also.
i have to test with vishay var... and i´m doing new boards with fancy parts mundorf etc.. to see in relation to stock parts if there is difference.. then maybe i ll try jfet again...

is it ok for C1 to use russian teflon 0,1uf?? because they are big and the wires will have bigger size to get to the board...
is it ok or technically it is not good for c1???

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Well, the extra inductance of longer component leads is not a good thing but since this is not a design relying in SMD layout for super minimal inductance to have smooth cut off frequency profile, its designed to be relatively relaxed for that, you may try. Anyway the traces already contribute some. If you will perceive sharpness then its a hint you overdone it and there's a resonance peak introduced. Then go back to a smaller component.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Russian SSG is very good quality and its a nice affordable option to evaluate in your own parts mix.

There is also a smaller Russian Teflon around, the FT-1 200V, that you can find in very cheap lots at 6800pF i.e. 0.0068uF.

Vref is usually some bandgap referenced circuit. So its a voltage steady analog thing for the DAC to use.

Russian SSG is very good quality and its a nice affordable option to evaluate in your own parts mix.

There is also a smaller Russian Teflon around, the FT-1 200V, that you can find in very cheap lots at 6800pF i.e. 0.0068uF.

Vref is usually some bandgap referenced circuit. So its a voltage steady analog thing for the DAC to use.
But the value must be 0.1 uf or could be lower?