• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
after modifying, can it be used in balanced output amplifier ?

If you only run one wire from BTL amp through the SSR (+ve amp in and speaker out) and connect the -ve of the amp directly to the speaker without going through the SSR -ve pin (as it is tied to GND and would short our a BTL amp). Then connect the +/- of the SSR power supply to the + PSU and amp GND, it should work. If DC is detected, it will break the connection between the two amp outputs.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Is it possible to reduce the DC threshold to switch off? I am considering to use the SSR in a headphone amp, where the 1 VDC threshold is a bit too much for my tastes.

If it is possible: how do I modify the boards? I guess it's a matter of changing some resistors...

We have a HP amp DC offset protection system designed just for headphones that I tested. Works very well. Similar in operation but with smaller components due to lower current requirements and threshold is lower. Threshold is +/-500mV DC. Still low RDSon MOSFET so that sound quality is not affected.

Cheap as Chips OPA1688 Low-THD Muscle Amp

776404d1566273795-cheap-chips-opa1688-low-thd-muscle-amp-hpa-ssr-protect-03-jpg

776406d1566273795-cheap-chips-opa1688-low-thd-muscle-amp-hpa-ssr-protect-schematic-jpg

Last edited:
Hi X
I have pre-ordered 2 units from Etsy

GB update

tcpip 6 units USA
mbrennwa 6 units Switzerland *Pre-order Placed*
Andyr 4 units AUS *Pre-order Placed*
Schlomoff 4 units FR *Pre-order Placed*
jwjarch 4 units USA *Pre-order Placed*
Meanie 2 units Singapore *Pre-order placed*
rebone 2 units Spain *Pre-order placed*

all the best