• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Some of you have not yet placed preorders yet. Please place your preorders soon. I would like to order these tomorrow if possible.

tcpip 6 units USA
mbrennwa 6 units Switzerland *Pre-order Placed*
Andyr 4 units AUS *Pre-order Placed*
Schlomoff 4 units FR *Pre-order Placed*
jwjarch 4 units USA
Meanie 2 units Singapore *Pre-order placed*

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks Jwjarch!

@GaryS - yes let me put the helper snubber boards as available separately on my shop.

GB status Update:

tcpip 6 units USA
mbrennwa 6 units Switzerland *Pre-order Placed*
Andyr 4 units AUS *Pre-order Placed*
Schlomoff 4 units FR *Pre-order Placed*
jwjarch 4 units USA *Pre-order Placed*
Meanie 2 units Singapore *Pre-order placed*

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
We are working on a mains soft start board that has remote turn on capability via logic signal and it uses SSR’s to do the switching. I suppose a small helper board that senses music and flips the logic could be made as a separate board. Not sure everyone wants this feature as our boards are geared to large power hungry Class A amps. I don’t think we want the act of power-up to be music controlled, but more of a deliberate act. I like to know and be responsible for flipping the power to a 200w to 500w “heater” to the on state.

Well, I actually forgot to mention that the "auto sense" unit should turn off the amp if there is no input signal for a while (say 30 minutes). I'd love that for my Aleph or F5 so I wouldn't have to explain to SWMBO why I keep forgetting to turn them off. Such a "smart auto sense" would surely help to save some electricity.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Some members have expressed concern that if they have a dual SLB and dual trafo setup that the amp chassis would be too tight to fit the SSR’s. This was one of the primary design goals, to make it as small and compact as possible so that it can go almost in any amp chassis. Here is an example of Vunce’s USSA5 with dual SLBs and dual trafos.

791301d1572493443-ready-run-rtr-ssr-dc-speaker-protection-delay-gb-6b9def74-bea2-433b-b4fc-b63170aab70a-jpg

If anyone who has used their SSRs can comment on how small and easy it is to fit I. Your chassis, please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
X

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Mbrennwa,
That’s one of the coolest looking Class A amps I have seen anywhere, nice work! I see you are using remotely located MOSFETs as well. The snubber boards that come with the Alpha Nirvana are now available separately if you would like to use them. They will remove the mechanical stress of the wires bending the legs on the MOSFETs - which could lead to breakage if there is too much vibration. The RTR SSR’s indeed look small and can fit just about anywhere. How do you connect wires into and out of this box if the sides are all find? Is there a pedestal with jacks?

804239d1577118168-pictures-diy-pass-amplifier-20191223_170558-jpg