• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Sunshade,

Ok, removing you from GB 2 interest list. We will keep the “remote enable” as a possible feature on a future revision. Revisions with turn key overseas production houses are painfully slow. Hence , we are sticking with this proven design for now.

xrk971 16 units USA *increased*
tcpip 6 units USA
mbrennwa 6 units Switzerland
Andyr 4 units AUS
Sunshade 8 (-8) units ITALY *removed*
Schlomoff 4 units FR
jwjarch 4 units USA

I increased my interest to 16 units and we can get this GB started. I will open a pre-order on Etsy for you to place your orders. Please update here to indicate if you have placed your preorders.

Please place preorders here:
RTR Solid State Relay SSR DC Protection | Etsy

Thanks!

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Will have to ask Jhofland about this. For a future version we would make the previously requested speaker enable function via logic be available and that could be used to control the speaker shutdown sequence through a smart supervisor circuit on the SSR soft start module that is currently under development.

I am thinking out loud here, I suppose a small AC-DC SMPS like Meanwell PCB mounted unit connected to the AC input from a switched IEC can make say, 19v or 24v. This could be used to power the SSR rather than the PSU rails (which have large caps that drain slowly). Once the power switch goes, the SSRs get disconnected right away. I could test this out to make sure it works.

Other low cost ways to get 24vdv cheaply include a cellphone USB wall charger to get 5vdc, then a low cost 5vdc to 24v dc-dc could be used. All for under $6.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I am thinking out loud here, I suppose a small AC-DC SMPS like Meanwell PCB mounted unit connected to the AC input from a switched IEC can make say, 19v or 24v. This could be used to power the SSR rather than the PSU rails (which have large caps that drain slowly). Once the power switch goes, the SSRs get disconnected right away. I could test this out to make sure it works.

Hey Fellas,

This tiny MeanWell would work nice as a dedicated psu for the SSR DC protection boards.

IRM-01-24 MEAN WELL | Mouser

Although, I do not have any thump noise when powering off.

Last edited:
A conceptually easier way is to use a diode, resistor, and relatively modest sized electrolytic that is connected to one of the transformer secondaries to generate a DC voltage suitable for powering the SSR. When power is shut off you want this supply to decay away much faster than the main power reservoir caps.
Details to be determined.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I increased my interest to 16 units and we can get this GB started. I will open a pre-order on Etsy for you to place your orders. Please update here to indicate if you have placed your preorders.

Please place preorders here:
RTR Solid State Relay SSR DC Protection | Etsy

Thanks!

Hi X,

I clicked on your link and noticed that:
a) the SSR contains a number of SMD parts, but
b) the PCB is fully made up.

Am I correct, here?

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Xrk, instead of inside amplifier I would like to put this soft start in my main AC filter supply case, it has a big isolation transformer 230v-230v for all components in the system (audio,computer and video).
Does it makes sense? Is there a board for one only primary leadout transformer? dissapoint not having the remote feature on a one single transformer version.
Jordi.

Attachments

• IMG_20190911_181200.jpg
    IMG_20190911_181200.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 199