Q17 - an audiophile approach to perfect sound

Hello,

Has anyone ever used this type of component? Is it reliable?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003088698456.html

This Ali shop is just as an example.

As I have a contact for TH switch (NO) on the speaker protection modules, I wanted to buy some to wire them. I already have another model of thermal switch but they are too big to fit under the PCB.

Stef.

Attachments

• KSD01F.jpg
    KSD01F.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 80
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I don’t have a “reliability” report about these parts but I have bench tested them with a heat gun and the Normally Open (NO) parts close very close to their stated temperature. The softstart module I use has an over temperature shutdown, this (NO) thermal switch is mounted to the heatsink, should the temperature ever get to 70°C the AC power is cut off.
If the Q17 heatsink ever got that hot, we have major problems 😂.

Thanks Vunce.

For the main when used, I generally use KD301 or KD302.

I have this soft/start module in stock. Manage laching or no-lashing switch + led. Double main transformer output. Convenient when you have two transformers. Work fine and small size but no temp shutdown circuit included.
I expect an assortment of buttons to try to have something more beautiful than the basic button. I also received the logo. :p

Stef.

Attachments

• IMG_7746.jpeg
    IMG_7746.jpeg
    939.7 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I received a nice button. 12m with a nice soft green. CNC fab. It exists in other colors and sizes. It's a momentary TACT that makes a little click that you can feel under your fingers. It works directly with the softstart including the led. So I ordered a red one to compare. :cool:

Stef.

Attachments

• IMG_7753.jpeg
    IMG_7753.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7754.jpeg
    IMG_7754.jpeg
    814.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi again,
I found an amplifier similar in performance to the Q17, made by the Czech company spaudio. On the input they have a combination of 2sk/2sj, on the output also mosfets but I don't know what type. Power output is 200w/8ohm & 400w/4ohm, dual mono design, and uses 2 massive 750w toroidal transformers and 4U box. I also like the interior layout very much, that's how I would like to make my future Q17 as well.

It would be a very interesting comparison with Q17. Its price is at the level of 6000€

Attachments

• sp400.jpg
    sp400.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 200
  • sp400a2.jpg
    sp400a2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 201
  • sp400a1.jpg
    sp400a1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 215