Q17 - an audiophile approach to perfect sound

One of the reasons I offer KiCad source files is that anyone may modify PCB design as they consider.
On other hand, I'm fully aware that there are people that only like to build and do not have the skills for design or even ordering PCB's.
Therefore, if anyone is interested in my Q17 boards, with one or two pair of final stage, may contact me or let the name here.
If is enough interest, I may consider an one time GB.
So, here we go !

Regards,
Tibi

Seems interest is not so high.
I'll make available a small batch available trough personal message or email at office@evotronix.eu
Invoices will be sent by PayPal. Expect 4% PayPal tax included.
Keep in mind, as long this is full open source project and anyone can order the boards, I'll not run this twice.
The batch will be small and when is gone is forever gone.
All PCB's gold plated 2SC2240 and 2SA970 included. 50euro/pair ex taxes for EU.

Regards,
Tibi

... and simulate very nice. Thanks ! (y)

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 14.00.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 14.00.06.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 200
Seems interest is not so high.
I'll make available a small batch available trough personal message or email at office@evotronix.eu
Invoices will be sent by PayPal. Expect 4% PayPal tax included.
Keep in mind, as long this is full open source project and anyone can order the boards, I'll not run this twice.
The batch will be small and when is gone is forever gone.
All PCB's gold plated 2SC2240 and 2SA970 included. 50euro/pair ex taxes for EU.

Regards,
Tibi
Hi Tibi,

It would be too expensive for me once after including the shipping charges to India, Is there any possibility to share 2 pair output model gerbers?

Thanks in advance

Please download Q17.zip file from the first post of this thread. Open and extract.
There is Q17-2 directory. Open.
Inside Q17-2 directory you will find:
  • Project description.pdf -- still not updated, but I work on this
  • Power supply -- this directory include gerbers (gerber4PS.zip) for Active Power supply and BOM
  • Q17 -- directory with all KiCad source files and gerber files (Gerber.zip)
  • LTspice -- directory with all needed files for simulation
  • Spiki - inductor generator -- directory with all needs files for python inductor generator
  • Q17_2final -- directory with all KiCad source files for Q17 2 final stage. Gerbers are already prepared in Q17_2f.zip

Enjoy !

Regards,
Tibi

Reactions: 1 user
To place an order on jlcpcb or any other PCB manufacturer you need entire gerber zip file.
I'll give example for jlcpcb.
Create an account first, login and top right corner select -> Order now
In the new opened window, click on the big blue button -> Add gerber file
Select and add Q17_2f.zip
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 08.25.21.png

Then you will see "Processing Gerber files..."
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 08.26.48.png

This take 1 minute or two
Once all is loaded you will see below image:
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 08.13.30.png

Now you may go with default selection and click "SAVE TO CART"
5 PCB will cost you under 10$. 10 PCB will be 12.50
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 08.16.00.png

Or you may choose better PCB quality at higher cost:
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 08.21.52.png

Save to cart, add your shipping details and so on ...

Regards,
Tibi

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I had a look at the files on GitHub and those from the zip you link to on #1 and they're not the same content. Not complaining, but was wondering if this is just a matter of time before the two are the same. Or not. Have those who've not found the 'double' version have been looking at the GitHub files??? Those from GitHub are from 2021/11/03 while those from the zip are 2022/02/27...

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I have a question. I'm going to order amp and PSU boards from JLCPCB and was wondering about copper thickness. I'd thought to go for 2mm/2oz CU but was wondering if that's going to be OK with that rather clever spiral. Can't think it should make a difference, but I'm not anywhere near knowledgeable enough to know it won't make a difference.

I can assure you that it makes a difference whether you order 35um or 70um copper. Especially with the coil, because the coil is an audible resistance. Here audible is to be understood as follows:
Assuming your speakers have very high quality technology, so they are capable of making small differences in resistance audible between the amplifier and the speakers. If that's the case, then speakers with a printed coil of double copper thickness will play drier bass with more precision and punch.
That's why I've always used the large wire air core coil in my setups, as it delivers even more punch.
Advantages to the single layer printed coil are when you have small speakers, or full range speakers or something like that, that benefit from lower internal resistance of the amplifier output and create the illusion of bass by resonating.

Regards Tim