Pics DIY Yuichi 290Hz Wood Horn

He he. Thank you :) if i spent all the time i used for programming and learned the new software i almost could done it manually to :)
But now i can make the next horns faster :) i finished the files for 480 and 290 horns

Is it okay to use the 480 horn from 4500hz or is it better soundvice to make the A-1k horn
The space/size doesn't matter

I want to try a new tweeter on La Scala and its faster to make a pair 480 extra then start making files for A-1k

Hi :)

I have not had much time to hifi lately, finished one pair of tube amplifier in June :)

I tested som 3d milling yesterday, made some 480fl horns for a 2 way speaker project, not to much sanding needed

I am gonna finish the 290 horn project after this :)

Hi Kongarne

Would you publish CAD files for your horns ? I considered going the CNC road too but the design is just too much for me :)-(

Hi :)

Sorry I am not going to publish any files, they wouldn't nesesery be very useful either.
Every operator has to finde their solution, this is generated 3D files for enroute 5.1 pro done my way.

AuroraB

I'm not taking any orders :) if i get time maby some "kit" later, but it's still very time taking

Last edited:
Well, not sure i understand your answer as not familiar with 3D CAD yet but I would like a real model to practice, not build a factory, and the IP is from Mr Arai btw. I believe the CAD file is independant from the routing for the CNC or am I mistaken ?

May someone help with a Yuichi model, 480 or 290 ?

Thanks a lot
Jean-Louis

Had a little more work done ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-03-21-35-09-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-21-35-09-1.png
    961.1 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_20141003_213100.jpg
    IMG_20141003_213100.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 459
I want to build Yuichi 290 just to try to hear the difference between this and Volti FC260 that I have. I have BMS 4592nd-mid 16ohm compression drivers. I cross around 380hz. I think with the Yuichi 290 and BMS this wont be a big problem.

One advantage will be pysically lowering the height of midrange and tweeters for me. I have klipschorns. When I replaced klipsch original squawker with the voltihorn, the new voltihorn was placed inside the klipschorn top hats. I will bring down the midrange and tweeters around 10cm's when I take the tophats off and place Yuichi directly on top of bassbins. I also wonder if Yuichi has a wider sweet spot.

Anyone had an experience with both? Or any experience with BMS and Yuichi. I would also be very happy if anyone could exchange cnc plans or a precise cad cutlist with me.

At what frequency are you guys starting to run your Yuichi horns? I'm interested in the 500 to 2000Hz range.

Great looking projects, BTW!
I used MiniDSP to run various settings, including 500Hz. The horn will accommodate 500Hz ok...but just be careful you have a steep (eg 3rd or 4th order) crossover, and that your driver is OK playing at those lower regions. Altecs are pretty safe, as was my Faital Pro HF200.

I used MiniDSP to run various settings, including 500Hz. The horn will accommodate 500Hz ok...but just be careful you have a steep (eg 3rd or 4th order) crossover, and that your driver is OK playing at those lower regions. Altecs are pretty safe, as was my Faital Pro HF200.

Thank you. I use linear phase digital crossovers that can be made very steep (8th or 9th order), and active amping. I'll look into Altecs and HF200.

Could a Yuichi be made to be used with a 5 or 6" cone intead of a compression driver if I'm only interested in 500 to 2000Hz? Or is this a concept for compression drivers only?