Pearl 3 Burning Amp 2023

Hello PEARL 3-builders,

I made a few steps forward today. Most of the two PEARL 3 - channels in their seperated cases.
Looking for some good contact between the panels - shielding.
Checked all contacts from RCA-sockets, through the RC-selector to the pcb. As well all contacts
from the pcb to the outputs.
DC - wires also in good contact. No cold solder joints please! I don't want to disassemble anything.
The story of the PEARL 3 - project continues...
Still thinking about my PSU arrangement. All in one - case or crazy dual mono? :unsure:
I wish you all a lot of fun with your cases from MODUSHOP / Gianluca. Great stuff!
Hopefully you will get your boards soon. I think, it will be a nice christmas present.
Cheers
Dirk ;)

Attachments

• PEARL 3_construction2.jpg
    PEARL 3_construction2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 190
  • PEARL 3_construction3.jpg
    PEARL 3_construction3.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: 9 users

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
To clarify, if you want the Modushop chassis set, buy directly from Modushop.

https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=971

:)

It may be a store item in the future, but for now (Late 2023-Early 2024) Buy from @Gianluca

There is a group buy for PSU parts here - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/gb-pearl-3-phono-crcrc-power-supply-parts-kit.406461/

Pearl 3 pioneer kits have been received by the fulfillment company, and hopefully will be ready for sale in the diyAudio Store this week. Watch the thread, there will be an announcement.

@cubicincher That looks wonderful! Nicely done!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if some building the UDP3 to be used with kit P3 boards (which have onboard regulators) will build is a dual mono (using 2 x UDP3). Personally I see no advantage doing this as the UDP3 is very "over-dimensioned". And with onboard regulators the change that a signal in one channel can "shoot back" into the other channel is "non-existent" <-- my own conclusion without any evidence. But I would like to see someone that can measure it and show it to me.
Using "only" one UDP3 will ensure both channels regulators get the exact same input (100% symmetry). If I built another UDP3 there would be a slight difference in voltage between. E.g. like 19.3V / 19.5V ? .....and this is measurable :)

Also when looking at poor channel separation from the cartridge?
What expected benefit other than it can be done and probably fun to do? :)

I stay with one transformer + UDP3.

Just got the 20VA 2 x 22 VAC Toroidy transformer today.
Normally I get large and heavy stuff from Toroidy. But this one I "dig" into the box and a very tiny disappointing little "thing" showed up.
They call it a transformer. OK.....with both magnetic and static screens not much noise will emit from this tiny "thing" I assume. That is at least an advantage. Maybe I can even stack the two P3 chassis without any hum / noise issues. Also it is low profile so can fit into the PSU chassis from Gianluca.

Attachments

• DSC_4402.JPG
    DSC_4402.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 1 user
Regarding symmetry I tried to bend the legs on the standing protection diodes the exact same way to have perfect symmetry. I did not quite succeed. Think the left diode in the picture looks a little bit better than the other. I considered to redo it but then I thought......no human is 100% perfect so I "let it be" as is.
But I like symmetry.

Attachments

• DSC_4404.JPG
    DSC_4404.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 1 users