Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TL071 usually HAS stability issues, especially in a more complex circuit!

Step response to fast rise (under 10ns)

Attachments

• tl071_2_s.gif
    tl071_2_s.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 646
PMA,
TL071 usually HAS stability issues, especially in a more complex circuit!

Thanks PMA for information this is confirm what I juat try a few minutes ago when I changed the TL071 with another one with different date code and the problem are gone.
I just do not feel comfort maybe its just luck or what ever the basic problem with TL071 still exist. So may I ask what any one else will do if you only has two more choices for op amp LM318 or NE5534
Thanks.
I am hunt mostly for stability right know

Hi Jan,

I'am on searching to build a power amp for secondary sound systeme. The goal is to limit coast and do it with a maximum of parts I have on Hand. LYNX seems to be a good way. I have OPA627, MJE15030/15031, about 100 of each MJL3281A/MJL1302A, 2 toroids trafo (330VA 1x25V, 15v-0-15V/0,8A), 4x22.000µF/40V mallory, 2 heatsink (230x200x40mm). I could build a "low" LYNX power version but with High current capacity. Did this seems realistic to you. To go for, i have to redrawn the pcb as i been abble, through a good local shop, to realize double side (without metalized holes) prototype pcb, but with eagle I could'nt place parts with 45° orientation. So i need to replace all this parts, but all other will be conservated (place and rooting). For parts value adaptation I see many information in your assembling guide.
With the supply parts I could expect +/- 34VDC rail, what amount of power could I expect?

Best regards Marc

ACD said:
Idefixes;

Your low power high current version should be working fine.
Output power will be: V²/R (34x34/8 Ohms). More likely due to losses, you will get 30x30/8 = 112 Watts.
Remember to calculate the zener resistors!!!

Thanks ACD, this "low power" version wil be more than enough for my needs. I have the zener resistor calaculation in mind no soucy. If i take the value from 55vdc version, in my case I will not have enough voltage for OPA627 supply. I must study the output protection calculation to match it for my rails voltage.
You are saying that you didn't match small bipolar, what about output ones? Since they are in parallel they should be?

best regards Marc

ACD said:
Idefixes;

It's quite impossible to match the MPSAs. The Hfe for the NPN and PNP types are far apart. You can match the output devices, but I have never done that in a LYNX.

Ok thanks for advise. I will go for rerooting LYNX pcb as i explain It. I have a overall internal arrangement for the amp in mind. Than I have to collect all parts i have in stock and buy the few I don't have. No output match will make me win time.

Marc

I do some rapid calculations :

- For zener resistor : for 30Vdc rail => (30-15)/0.02=750R
for 35Vdc rail => (35-15)/0.02=1K

- For output protection :
The soa MJL3281A SOA curve gives me 5.5A at 35V for 1s
So 5.5x0.33=1.8v across R128 to R136
V across R124 : 1.8-0.6=1.2V => 1.2/0.006=200R=>180R 2W resistor.

Seems that good to you? Since I don't know what DC rail i will have after filtering (may between 30 and 35V) in what range can play with the zener resistor? If i take the 35V case (1K zener resistor), i will not have enough rail voltage when this is lower than predicted. With amount of VA the trafo I have (2x336VA) i assume to have enough current capacity for my project.

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.