Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your website is one of my prefered ones

I use to upload some files to you and your schematic files are my guarantee.

When i have crashes, problems into my hard drive with losses of data, it is into your website that i can reload the schematics.

And i will do that once again.

Thank you to keep those precious data for us..offered gladly and for free.

I wish you will find donations enougth to keep your site running for us.

regards,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos ;)

Thank you to keep those precious data for us..offered gladly and for free.

I wish you will find donations enougth to keep your site running for us.

I´m only happy to offer this service, and with a little luck all schematics and service manuals should be up for free download in a few days. I have a friend working on a script to protect my site against the bandwidth abuse, that has caused this time consuming redesign of the site :bawling:

Sadly only a few big downloaders of the free schematic and service manual site had make a donation.

Hi Jan,

In the first state , Is it possible to add 1 more opamp .I try to put balanced input in your schematic that use only 1 opamp .

I had made lynx v2.2 but it was not successful. Because some resistor and TR were very hot . I had found some distrotion so high idle adjustment was needed.

Thank you

Hi jan,
I already build 8 lynx amp so far but the last lynx 3.0 I build I found a problem I found hard to deal with.
The problem are there is a self oscillation in high freq ( 20 Khz Up) this problem rise when I try to rise the bias when the bias completly zero there is no problem I already put some small cap (33pF) in driver also changed miller cap in pre driver from 33Pf to 68pF the result only different ampltudo and freq of self osc.
Any suggestion jan....

Rembulan;

You have build 8 Lynx amp. You must be glad for it :)

I need some more information about your problem.
Do you use same components as in the other working amps?
Which opamp do you use?
Which supply do you use?
Have you measurred the +/-15VDC to the opamp?
Have you remembered to connect the input ground point to start ground?

Let me know

Hi Jan,

Well I am build 8 lynx are for my brother, my sister my neighboor, my mosque and last for my son school.
I am happy,,,,,,,,,,,, let me tell yo the secret this amp really work it easy and forgiving...well until today.
The 15 volt isnt have any problem its working the plus side and minus side in 10 mili volt accuracy acording to my fluke.
yes same transistor tipe ( for output I use toshiba 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 and for driver and pre driver I use MJE350 and 340)
I use TL072.
Just another story for my son scholl I build the lynx with 16 pair output per channel in bridge configuration use 100Volt AC CT I build it 4 channel to drive 8 pcs 18 inch bass driver and the auditorium (1500 seater) its works I really dont know who made a bigger lynx amp than this....................thanx jan for graet works

Rembulan;

I'm glad to hear that you are happy for the LYNX amp :)
And you must have the record in no. of output devices in a LYNX amp :D

You are an experienced LYNX builder, and those data you have provided shows that the problem may be caused by something else where.....
It could be a bad soldering or a faulty component!
Have you tried disconnecting the output devices?

PMA
When checking oscillations, take a close look just at the point where output transistors leave class A and merge into class B. Measure here and try to tune frequency compensation.

In this lynx I can see two compensation the first I believe called miller cap and the other are parallel with feedback resistor is my conclusion right ?
which I must tune pavel ?

In this lynx I can see two compensation the first I believe called miller cap and the other are parallel with feedback resistor is my conclusion right ? which I must tune pavel ?

There is something all wrong here.....
Both you and I and many other LYNX builders knows that this amplifier is normally very stable with the component values recommended.....

If you have used the same components as before, the logic answer will be that it has nothing to do with either miller or feedback compensation caps!

Have you tried changing the opamp?

There is something all wrong here.....
Both you and I and many other LYNX builders knows that this amplifier is normally very stable with the component values recommended.....

If you have used the same components as before, the logic answer will be that it has nothing to do with either miller or feedback compensation caps!

Have you tried changing the opamp?

I have TL071 in big quantity but I never changed in this amp I will change it for sure if this procedure can solve the problem I believe same chip same manufacture has different characteristic give me some hours to check it. its almost 1 AM here need to rest for morning duties

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.