Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ACD said:
bomellberg;

Yes. Sadly the small size FKP2s has been obsolete since the LYNX was created back in 2002. However the wider 1000V can easily be fitted on the solder side.

That's exactly what I did yesterday. I might add that I had the same problem with the larger 100nF-caps, which were also too deep. They are too high to be mounted on the solder side, unfortunately. I managed to squeeze them in if I bent the zeners some. Lucky for me, I soldered the zeners some 5mm above the pcb as per the instructions. :up: Some of these also sit very close to the OPAMP and the fuse holders.

My boards are ready for the first tests. Is there a problem with running the first tests on +/-30VDC instead of +/-58, for which they were built?

I have two 30V regulated DC-converters at work which I could bridge to get +/-30VDC. They also have current limiting. :rolleyes:

Idefixes said:
Another question. In Quick assembly guide BOM you write R118/119 33R 2w but on schématic there is a 5R6 2w value? What's the rigth one?

Marc

Thanks for reply Jan but my question wasn't about the power requierement but about the value 33R or 5R6 since i found this two for the same resistor in the quick assembly guide.

I reposted my first question

About R138 to R145 you write (in the assembly guide) between 1 and 10R. Is there any rule to fixe this value, or can i put in (same for the 8 output device) what i have instock between 1 and 10R?

best regards Marc

Thanks for reply Jan but my question wasn't about the power requierement but about the value 33R or 5R6 since i found this two for the same resistor in the quick assembly guide.
Both values can be used, however the driver transistors get very hot with the 5R6 resistors (Idle app. 125mA) which some don't like.......

I reposted my first question
About R138 to R145 you write (in the assembly guide) between 1 and 10R. Is there any rule to fixe this value, or can i put in (same for the 8 output device) what i have instock between 1 and 10R?
I'm sure that I have replied to this before here, however as written; use 1-10R Base resistors. Some don't like Base resistors and others do. I normally use 2R2.

Bridge Amp

Hello all,
I been thinking when I need more power from this Lynx amp bridging two amp is one option not a simplest one but viable,
ok I think about inverse the input in the two amp the one go to inverting input and the other go to non inverting input or in short like made a balanced to unbalanced stages. could you give me the weak point to do like that compare to :
1. use op amp as inverted
2. audio transformator
3. take signal for second amp from output of the first amp
Than you for all opinion in advanced
Anton

no.
think about peak currents into your resistive 4r0 load then multiply by at least 2times for a reactive 4ohm load.
Where will these peak currents come from if the PSU is limited to 8Apk?

eg.
600W into 4r0 requires an output of 49Vac. This is equivalent to 69.3Vpk and 17.3Apk. To feed this 4r0 load the PSU must maintain ~80V AND supply a peak current of 17.3A.

Now substitute a reactive load. The peak current can approach 49Apk on short term transients.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.