New SB Acoustics 3 way from Troels

and they sing their maiden song . . .

The (almost) complete cab, and they work - beyond expectation!

Entrails hanging out (x-overs, served on small tables).

I realised how good the SBA10 is when I dismantled them post-audition so as to complete them. For the moment, I do not feel like listening to my Totem Model One Signature + Totem Storm sub. Honest.

External finishing subsequently completed.

Cabinet damping, bass port installation and cross-over mounting remains, as also fixing the wooden bases.

Rajeev.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    967 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 1,058

I realised how good the SBA10 is when I dismantled them post-audition so as to complete them. For the moment, I do not feel like listening to my Totem Model One Signature + Totem Storm sub. Honest.

Cabinet damping, bass port installation and cross-over mounting remains, as also fixing the wooden bases.

Rajeev.

WoW Really Cool! I'm hesitating between building these ones or the Ekta MK2
What level option did you choose (1 / 2 / 3)?

Rajeev.

Congrats!!! I'm really excited to read that you are so satisfied with the sound!
Btw. I'm also showing some progress finally. CNC showed to be quite a challenge...
DSC_1389.JPG

Last edited:
CNC for pyramid

That looks wonderful to me, how did you/they solve the undercut problem? Did you flip them over or are you going to do that finishing using non-CNC methods?

Also are you using ply, or planking? I imagine finishing ply in this manner may be quite demanding. I’m talking as a person with less than rudimentary carpentry skills.

Regds.

Rajeev.

With ekta mk2 you might need a sub for the lower octave, but you might get better midrange because of the smaller dedicated midrange driver.

As troels frequently puts it, there is no perfect speaker and all of them have compromises!

I had a chance to extensively listen to Ekta Grande at my friend. It is damn good.
However I prefer bigger mid drivers. They usualy sound more relaxed a natural to me. Just my two cents

Anybody already heard the Ekta MK2? If so, does it it feel short in bass?

My goal is to replace my current speakers (JMR Abscisse) which I love for their details and transparency but where I find bass a bit too light and not deep enough (probably due to the 13cm bass/medium drivers)