New Monoblock chassis (sets!!!) from Modushop

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@Freecrowder

re-read - I didn't say it is no-go for any possible reason

''hysterically bad" means nothing else than - not nearly as good as one is expecting when seeing it that tall

been there, done that .........

roughly - chunk of aluminum oriented as that is having maybe 60%-70% of cooling capability as same chunk of aluminum with fins oriented "in usual way" so laying, not standing up

my comment wasn't for DIY approach - just thinking that article for mass produce must be sold in some minimal quantity, or it'll have enormous price, almost as exclusive custom work

for my eyes - big tower case is (when properly made) beautiful, but I'm not sure that plenty of Greedy Boyz would go for that, thinking how many of them are making calculations and squeezing tight in 300deep case, when 400deep is giving so much more benefits

go figure

in the end, it's just matter of Modushop Team stance - if you play on Italian sense of Beauty, maybe that's reason enough for them........ and I'll be the first one to clap my hands

Hey Zen after getting all fired up and reading about HS all day. I AGREE WITH YOU. Your right there is an appreciable difference. So sorry should have done my homework first. Does anyone know the calcs or quick estimate on how much my temp might be if using same HS except cut in half and standing half as high but twice as wide. I can set it up but would like an educated guess before going to the trouble. Any way glad I learned something important. Thank you ZM

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is some information from wakefield-vette pertaining to their heat sinks. On page 20 there is a "Natural Convection Length Selector" which graphs "Resistance Ratio" vs "Extrusion Length". For an example, an extrusion length of 3 inches has a Resistance Ratio of 1 and an extrusion length of 12 inches has a Resistance Ratio of 0.5. That indicates a 12 inch high heat sink has half of the heat sink capacity of four of the 3 inch high heat sinks combined. This is from wakefield-vette for their heat sinks but it gives an idea of the effect of heat sink proportions on their effectiveness.

Attachments

• heat-sink-design-for-thermal-analysis.pdf
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 1 user
Anddddd they are out! Both chassis can be found here https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/category&path=324

As I've written in a previous post, the final user can choose between a model w/o heatsinks or with 2 additional heatsinks per side, pricing will change accordingly.

All those who preorder in the first two weeks can enjoy a special launch price.

And now a small surprise only for those who are reading this thread :D We've already produced 5 silver and 5 black chassis so if you are quick enough you may get one without having to wait until April :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yes for now there is not an appropriate option because we have to manually drill the heatsinks everytime someone needs them as they are not already on our shelves as per the Deluxe chassis. Feel free to add the product @sp33ls suggested
Thanks. If we order 2x 2 heatsink (only 1 side has heatsink) for stereo monoblocks, do we only have to add 1x ums drill customization since that would match the same drill as a 5u 400 chasis?