New Monoblock chassis (sets!!!) from Modushop

Joined 2016
Paid Member

Actually, this device has an additional cooling capacity other than the finned part in the lower middle ... I think it is something similar to a heatpipe - you see a at the lower part of the device also a long cylinder with a triangular termination on the left. The device is releasing heat into the surrounding air through that cylindircal device as well.

And, depending on usage of the device, there may be fan-cooling involved as well, even though in the picture you don't see a fan mounted to the device ... :geek:

Regards, Claas ;)

First prototypes are finally ready! Due to a large request we have decided to produce the larger front panel too which covers the heatsinks as well and let the final user decide if they want to use this or the the shorter front panel. The latter option is perfect for those who want to mount two heatsinks or prefer having no heatsinks at all (you can see this in the last picture).

We have made the holes in the covers big enough to be able to mount the antivibration feet without having to drill the bottom cover, it's as simple as inserting the feet in these holes and use the provided M5 nut as you would do in any other of our chassis.

And now the question everybody wants to ask after reading this post... when can I buy one of these? :D

I've shipped one of these big boys to Jason this morning for his final evaluation and price will be decided in these days. As you all know price of raw materials went up a lot in the last period but we'll do our best to make this available at an interesting price.
My idea was to have preorders both on our website and on DiyAudioStore, those who preorder can benefit from a special launch price.

"Base price" is for the chassis with the long front panel and 2 heatsinks while the chassis without heatsinks will be less expensive and the one with 4 heatsinks will be more expensive.

All chassis include the baseplate.

I'll make sure to send you guys another picture without any heatsinks in the next days :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220222_153806.jpg
    IMG_20220222_153806.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20220222_153944.jpg
    IMG_20220222_153944.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20220222_154046.jpg
    IMG_20220222_154046.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20220222_155223.jpg
    IMG_20220222_155223.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20220222_155600.jpg
    IMG_20220222_155600.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20220222_160202.jpg
    IMG_20220222_160202.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20220222_163901.jpg
    IMG_20220222_163901.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20220222_161012.jpg
    IMG_20220222_161012.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: 9 users
Gianluca, thanks for the photo's and the update. Can I ask for the last photo shown above in post #126 for the chassis with heatsinks on both sides, it shows the 10mm deep black front panel not extending out to the heatsink ends like it does in the single sided heatsink chassis. Hopefully this is not how it will be in the final double sided heatsink version, but just a mock up photo at the moment?

Also the photo's show the perforated mounting plate, will these be standard in the chassis and not having to be ordered as an option? I now see you answered that question in the post above.

Regards,

Gary..

Gianluca, thanks for the photo's and the update. Can I ask for the last photo shown above in post #126 for the chassis with heatsinks on both sides, it shows the 10mm deep black front panel not extending out to the heatsink ends like it does in the single sided heatsink chassis. Hopefully this is not how it will be in the final double sided heatsink version, but just a mock up photo at the moment?

Also the photo's show the perforated mounting plate, will these be standard in the chassis and not having to be ordered as an option? I now see you answered that question in the post above.

Regards,

Gary..

Doing a front panel for each model (one for the chassis without heatsinks, one for the chassis with two heatsinks per side and one for the chassis with four heatsins) would have been a bit too complicated as it would have meant producing 6 different front panels (3 silver and 3 black).

We have decided to stick with 2 models as we thought the chassis which is going be purchased the most is the one with 2 heatsinks per side (the real monoblock). I am fully aware that a front panel which covers the heatsinks on both sides would have been more eye-appealing but before releasing a new product we have to make sure it's economically feasible. Some compromises need to be made to make sure this is adaptable to as wide an audience as possible.

Regarding your other question, yes this chassis has the baseplate already included so you are not going to have to order this as an option

Gorgeous. I am really hoping this will inspire revisions of all the Dissipante chassis’s.

Best,
Anand.

That's something we are definitely considering, we have done some small improvements on this chassis which have been requested for years (countersunk screws for the covers, covers predrilled to mount the antivibrations feet, better finishings) and they could be done on the Dissipante chassis as well

Thanks for the reply Gianluca, one other question - I assume the rear panel will be blank to be drilled by the purchaser?

Yes, that's correct. Just like the Dissipante chassis all the parts can be customized

That's something we are definitely considering, we have done some small improvements on this chassis which have been requested for years (countersunk screws for the covers, covers predrilled to mount the antivibrations feet, better finishings) and they could be done on the Dissipante chassis as well

Yes, that's correct. Just like the Dissipante chassis all the parts can be customized
Gianluca,

Thanks for considering. If you don't mind (as it appears the MONOBLOCK design is finalized), can you upload the diagrams of the heatsinks, rear panel, front panel (wide version) and rear panel? The top and bottom panels appear standard and it would be rare for me to customize them anyway.

I would like to input them into my cad program or FPE for upcoming monoblock design(s)...

Thanks again for moving forward with the countersunk screws on the covers, it makes a major difference imho in how professional the amplifier looks. I remember talking to you about this many BAF's ago!

Best,
Anand.