New DISPRE preamp, successor to previous popular version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

He'll publish a picture of the finished project and we reverse engineering color code of resistors as usual.

What ? This is a secret :cannotbe:

PMA makes an honest living on his design.
So, we can understand he doesn't want to give ALL the project. We got the schematic. They're not many ways to design a DC servo and route a board. It is already a good thing to get the input stage schematic which is the masterpiece of this whole preamp to my mind. :cool:

But you can feel confortable too share the plan here, they're ajust round thousands of people here but he'll stay confidential, that's sure :eek:

Bad weather outside, it is raining, it will kept the temperature at reasonable level ( quite under 20°C )

CRT, this thread is about the New Dispre. This preamp has got now a name, and it is Dispre SSE.
SSE means Super Symmetry Enhancement. This new preamp has been ordered 30 pcs within 1 day after announcement (in my country). To speak about older version, please use the older thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=64843&highlight=

Thanks,
Pavel

Hi,
high impedance CCS would be beneficial also for the topology in post #1, however I would not configure it that way, rather like in post #49. Increased value emitter resistors is a much better method to reduce voltage gain.
Regarding the pre-drivers, I would keep the CCS and insert emitter resistors, which will improve linearity, unlike diodes.

AndrewT said:
I was expecting much lower noise.
At least better than 4nV/rtHz for a discrete, gain of 3, opamp and possibly as low as 1 to 1.5nV/rtHz.

The noise is similar as single AD744. There were different design goals, that go AGAINST noise, unfortunately. These goals were:

- same shape of step response for ALL output amplitudes, i.e. no slew rate limitation

- good behaviour when overdriven, even for high frequencies

- high output current, stability for ANY capacitive load

- very low output impedance, to minimize output cable influence

During years of tests, I found these criteria very important for preamps. To me, the preamp with 1k output impedance is a poor solution, as well as passive "preamps".

Just for the record, step response into 1uF:

Attachments

• step_1uf_s.gif
    step_1uf_s.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,798
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.