New DISPRE preamp, successor to previous popular version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi PMA

Interesting circuit, i am currently building your first circuit after a friend of mine recommended it but am i bit confused on the operation. Is this vas a folded cascode ??
I have schematics of a amp (i think its russian) which uses the topology aparatusonitus shows. My buddy built it as well and says it sounds great, better than his stochino amp. What do you think of such a topology. I will post the schematic as soon as i find it again on my harddrive, but maybe on another thread not to hijack this one.

Alex

I would like to display what I mean a "consistent step response". The attached image shows step response for 10V and 1V output step, in one image, 1V response 10x magnified. This is WITHOUT input RC filter. As one can see, there is no slew rate limitation visible.

Attachments

• step1_10.gif
    step1_10.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,720
PMA said:
I would like to display what I mean a "consistent step response". The attached image shows step response for 10V and 1V output step, in one image, 1V response 10x magnified. This is WITHOUT input RC filter. As one can see, there is no slew rate limitation visible.
Hi,
can you confirm that the plot shows about 0.2uS for a rise from 1.5V to 9.5V giving ~40V/uS (for that test signal) and still showing no sign of slew limiting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.