New DISPRE preamp, successor to previous popular version

Hi Mr. Pavel,

Is possible to convert Dispre II v.3 and the next v.4 in a Headphone amplifier for low loads?
An if yes,have you measured the performances with low
impedance loads ? (25-32 Ohm)
A dedicated headphone amplifier maybe in Your plans for the next future?

Thank You

Regards.

Semola

I made a new set of mesurements, hereby THD 2H and 3H as a function of frequency, for 1Vp and 3Vp output voltage. For 1Vp, I am at a measurement limit. High order harmonics are under measurement limits.

Attachments

• dispre2 _1Vp_3Vp.PNG
    dispre2 _1Vp_3Vp.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 609
I made a new set of mesurements, hereby THD 2H and 3H as a function of frequency, for 1Vp and 3Vp output voltage. For 1Vp, I am at a measurement limit. High order harmonics are under measurement limits.

Trying to revive sales through some smoking mirrors?

These measurements tell absolutely nothing as long as they are not correlated with a precise design. Not to mention you sliced the frequency range exactly at the point where things are getting interesting.

And since when is THD an indicator of quality?

Here's some similar result. Yes, you guessed right, it's an opamp plus three resistors at 3V output. About an order of magnitude better than yours :rofl:

Attachments

• THD.JPG
    THD.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
syn, as PMA points out: His measurements are very near the measurement limit and such results should be interpreted as "near the measurement limit".

PMA like myself are engineers and we like to measure so I think Pavel enjoys good measurements and he is probably aware of how important distortion figures are, meaning it doesn't matter much if he gets 0.001% or 0.00045% distortion.

Last edited:
We have sadly been there ealier in another thread with no effect. Stopped by a moderator and posts deleted............

Distorting the truth is no better than distorting the signal. But then, that's all your DIY team does really good. My last post here, this thread does not belong to this forum and there's no reason to push it up. You go ahead.