New DISPRE preamp, successor to previous popular version

Hello all,

Thanks everyone for your interest in the PCBs. The actual round is finished, and all the PCBs produced are sold or dedicated to customers.

This time I have had many troubles with many e-mail addresses, I do not know why, maybe a security reason and setting of some servers. I try to reply every e-mail I receive. I tried to continue in communication with several of yours through diyaudio mail button, but it is quite time consuming and ineffective.

There might be some next round in future, but not immediately and not very soon. The problem is that when I manage this board sale and shipment I have no time for any circuit development and tests, and it is unacceptable.

Thank you for your patience, orders of many of yours were satisfied and I hope the others would forgive me.

Yours,
Pavel

Bob Cordell sometimes speak about HF THD measurements, like THD30. I have decided to measure the Dispre 2 at 100kHz. However, it is not so easy to get enough resolution. First I would like to show measurement of generator itself at 100kHz:

Attachments

• gen_100khz.jpg
    gen_100khz.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,259
PMA said:
I do not think it makes difference for a very short cable. I would suggest just good shielding.

Anyway, there are other guys who know about cables much more than me ;)
I also think it makes no difference for short cables, more cables for connection is useful, the position of the pot on your preamp will need a cable low capacitance, between the source signal and the input preamp.

Interesting to use of BC557/547, had good results with these TR's
The majority of other people would use the BC550/560 low noise.
I note your suggestion to TR's for amplification of signals ;)
Because you do not include control of tone? Its enclosure is acoustically treated. You have panels to avoid reflection in room?

Schematics and assembly drawing now released for personal, non-commercial purposes.

Wise decision, if you do not want commercial copies not publish the draft pcb (negative)...