mutting transistors on the output of Marantz cd40 help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I too have a phillips based cd player with separate 7805's dedicated to SAA7220, 7310 and Ram Chips. I have been looking for ways to improve this simple arrangement.
Would you make additional boards and maybe sell them to other members like me ?
Your boards are an excellent solution but would understand if it's not practical do to this

I am also learning quite a bit from this valuable thread and can already implement some changes from your advice so far - keep going !! :)

Thanks

Hi Andrew, First i have to tell you that im not using any software for designing boards. Im drawing them with black oil marker, and then im soldering all coper traces to prevent the corosion. Also, on the top side of the board there is no signed where to place components. I have never sell any board, I even dont have an idea how much will be the price of single board, costs of posting, i dont know if i have to send components.... In one word i have never did that. I would really like to design a board for You. So, You have to tell me the price ;) Best regards Goran

Hi

I too have a phillips based cd player with separate 7805's dedicated to SAA7220, 7310 and Ram Chips. I have been looking for ways to improve this simple arrangement.
Would you make additional boards and maybe sell them to other members like me ?
Your boards are an excellent solution but would understand if it's not practical do to this

I am also learning quite a bit from this valuable thread and can already implement some changes from your advice so far - keep going !! :)

Thanks

Thanks for the support, for sure i will go on with this project, I cant imagine my life without electronics :), the next project will be the SE A-class preamp and amp. See thread of Vladimir "NO NFB PREAMPLIFIER". I also would like to improve my SE tube preamp. But first I have to finish this project im in now. I have made some calculations. The power supply board for TDA 1541 with soldered components (the components im using) will cost about 30 Euros not counting the costs of posting to England. Regards Goran

You are welcomed Ok, just tell me the size of the caps you want to use. About wooden case, according me it gaves the best sonic results. The sound get worst when im using top and bottom covers. But i have an idea how to solve that. We will talk soon. Regards Regards

OK. Thanks for trying this out. I know about the BD139. The NAD has very similar PS. Maybe that is the secret for the good sounding?? I'm sure the finished project will be much better. You have a good time at home.

I dont know if BD139 is the reason for good sound, i think its separated PSU and trafo what gaves better sound. I will try other type of transistors and better caps and ressistors also. The CD player plays more then 30 hours and all is fine. Yes ill try to rest a little in my motherland, the reason im going is the birthday of my son. Ill contact you from there also. Regards Goran

I dont know if BD139 is the reason for good sound, i think its separated PSU and trafo what gaves better sound. I will try other type of transistors and better caps and ressistors also. The CD player plays more then 30 hours and all is fine. Yes ill try to rest a little in my motherland, the reason im going is the birthday of my son. Ill contact you from there also. Regards Goran

I do meant for the schematic. I just couldn't post it for some reason. Dont let me attack any pictures.

Hey thank you - I meant buy one board and I could buy and fit components
myself here.
Look don't worry - we can talk when you get back from your trip :)
Love the wood case you made and now I have a new idea !!
Thanks Goran

Ill send You a board, You dont have to pay for it. I started to build and test this power supply thanks to EC Designs and member Danico from Hungary who shows me the circuit. Send me your adress on my PM

Last edited:
Ill send You a board, You dont have to pay for it. Thanks to member Danico from Hungary i started to build and test this power supply. Send me your adress on my PM

Goran, don't forget to mention ECdesigns name, since all the hard work goes for him. I was only shared what I learned from his topic. Let me thank you again your generous offer. I will be happy to use your boards.

Goran, don't forget to mention ECdesigns name, since all the hard work goes for him. I was only shared what I learned from his topic. Let me thank you again your generous offer. I will be happy to use your boards.

Thanks, I edited my post. Same here, I cant attach the photo of circuit from power supply for pre-amp (NAD). I beleive it could be used (modified) as a power supply for the analog stage for CD40 or any other CD player. It will be good if You try to attach the circuit tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here is the schematic of the NAD 3020 preamp PSU.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 139
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.