• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

1. Push Encoder key
2. Turn on supply voltage by pressing the encoder key
3. Press volume up ir key
4. Press volume down ir key
5. Press mute ir key

In the case the 3 keys have been successfully detected, the controller will start as usual with the starting volume. The read codes will be stored permanently in the EEPROM.

Daniel,

Thank you. These are the steps in your guide and I believe I’ve tried them many times. But perhaps I don’t understand.
On the encoder, when I push and release the encoder key, the volume is muted and I go through steps 3 to 5. Then I push and release the encoder key again and the volume “unmutes”, the the remote still doesn’t talk to the attenuator.
Can you tell me the difference between steps 1 and 2 that you have given?
Is one to hold the encoder key while providing the IR inputs from the remote?
Sorry for the confusion.

1. Push Encoder key
2. Turn on supply voltage by pressing the encoder key
3. Press volume up ir key
4. Press volume down ir key
5. Press mute ir key

In the case the 3 keys have been successfully detected, the controller will start as usual with the starting volume. The read codes will be stored permanently in the EEPROM.

Hi Daniel,

I replaced the 4838 a few days ago (btw all of the parts are from Digikey/Mouser so I'm not concerned about counterfeit).
Out of curiosity I did some DMM measurements on it last night - Vs is 4.2V, Vout is 1.3V. Pressing a remote key caused an output voltage drop to about 1150-1180 mV, so I think the 4838 is "seeing" the remote (whether it is seeing it properly I've no idea).

Yes, I have an old analog scope (Tek 465b) - can you pls give me guidance on what to measure and what to look for?

Thanks,
-Keith-

would you mind posting the instructions publicly as I would like to test mine too - I just assumed user error but if this is something that we can troubleshoot, I would love to add the remote function. I have a scope..dB

dB, I’ll post my journey as I work through it. So far, just some DMM work to confirm that adequate power (4.5 to 5.2 V) are getting to the controller IC (check!), and that the IR sensor output is arriving at the controller (check!). No function yet though. I’m arranging with Meldano for a new controller IC, assuming that I crippled it during the build. fingers crossed.....

dB, I’ll post my journey as I work through it. So far, just some DMM work to confirm that adequate power (4.5 to 5.2 V) are getting to the controller IC (check!), and that the IR sensor output is arriving at the controller (check!). No function yet though. I’m arranging with Meldano for a new controller IC, assuming that I crippled it during the build. fingers crossed.....

Controller ready: I need your shipping address;)