• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

1. Two wires (left channel in and out) to muses pcb gnd (left)
2. Don't think so, it should mean that controller is doing it's job but muses chip consists of both digital and analog domain and you clearly have a problem at analog out

You can feed the input with a steady signal (signal generator, instrument or even web based) and see if you get some reading at analog out. If so, adjust the volume and see what happens.
If you connect the psu ground to the earth ground (better via loop breaker) do you still have that hum ?

Edit: I would do all the testing with a cheap test speaker, a simple gnd lift can cause major problem farther down the line

Last edited:
Hi Daniel. Thanks for the Muses boards that I received yesterday.

My boards will be soldered up using a reflow oven (its good to have friends!) and I'm wondering if you would be willing to share the file required to have solder paste stencils made as it would make the job much quicker and simpler, especially as I'll probably be looking to build some more of your Muses modules later.

I need to order some PCBs from JLC so adding a stencil to the order is easy and cheap.

BTW, have you considered using the JLC PCB assembly service so you could offer assembled modules?

Yes, i understand the selections—just wasn't 1000% sure what the jumper position should be for "Internal 5V reg without display: R1=1k"—
Which I'm now seeing indicated in the "Installation and connections", "simplest case" part of the guide should be 2-3. Thanks Daniel! Sorry for the trouble. You have a very compact and well-thought-out design here—excellent.