MPP

IR Fet MC Phonostage

This works fine. I had no oscillation problems.

Attachments

• 59155848-36F5-4AC3-91AB-C18A5BBE5104.jpg
    59155848-36F5-4AC3-91AB-C18A5BBE5104.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 432
Joachim. I made a RIAA inverter circuit by Peter Walker. It is very useful. Not least because it is simple and has defined error. It causes a little motorboating in a NAD3020. This subsides after 5 minutes. Subtly it's always there. I suspect it sounds very nice and is why a Garrard 401/LP12 sounds nice. Buxtehude knew this? It has another perfect error. THe curve suits Royd Abbot speakers. I bought a pair very cheaply and now almost wish I hadn't ( Covid project ). Martina has a lovely small titanium speaker. Are you guilty of that? I think it takes a year to run in. My Colleen has a pair. 100 Hz 10 kHz EQ suits well.

If we could build a very small passive EQ for each and every source ( not to correct RIAA ) we might have better sound. Even using very awful RCA cables it is the better solution. My friend says I should have thought of this before he threw his EPOS ES14 out of the house. It's the Bose idea done right. The speaker must be OK to start with. Twin T filters are too chalenging for this idea if wanting simplicity. The next stage needs to be factored in. The Walker circuit side steps that. The NAD being very generic means if it works for me it should work for all. Covid laziness made we not change the subsonics. I live with the first five minutes. Best " mistake " I ever made.

This looks the same.

Reverse RIAA

Everybody has his own anti RIAA. I stick to Lipshitz, passive and active.
When modern RIAA was born, they where taking parts they had.
Plus - Minus 10% was the order of the day. When it comes to speakers it is still so.
Noise can help . Sure. I call that analog dither. It hides distortion in the noise. A shark works with stochastic noise avaraging. He can sense pray many hundred meters away. And that in a very noisy einvironment. I prefer low noise, high speed electronics though. The artist should decide on the noise level and frequency content and not me.