Monolithic SuperSymmetry with Current Feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
It's very easy to cascode the rails of the op amp so
as to support high amplifier rails if you like.

Yes, i did that already, I think in all of my high power versions.

But the output of the opamp can only swing up to the opamp rails.

And for a single ended or push-pull classA with 24V rails there is another gain stage needed.

So the advantage of the use of opamp fades away...

Or do I miss something ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Just for your info, attached is my updated drawing.
I didn't do any measurement.
And have enjoyed for three months with no tech problem.

Attachments

• pass_yax2_jhy_1.jpg
    pass_yax2_jhy_1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 955
Source follower

Nelson and others,

What do you think about this design?

I just wanted to put two source follower after the lm6181 and so output stage will work in classA. All the voltage gain is done by opamps and current gain by follower.
The power is 25Wrms limited by the 10Vmax output of lm6181.

Thanks

Hugo

Attachments

• amp.png
    amp.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 396
Hi Hugo,

very nice !

Did you notice this schematic in post #778 with dynamic current source ? ;)

By the way1), as in your and my schematic, the LM will need to have a positive offset to drive the gate of the fet to have 0V output.
So voltage swing is limited further.

A resistor from LM output to gate and another resistor from gate to V+ will cure this.

ultima.jpg

By the way 2), the rails of the op amps may be modulated by another amp, so the rails of the LM could be virtually +/- 24V.

This looks complicated but it is very simple.

The classA/B amp drives virtual ground of LM, allowing rails like +/+15V @ idle and for example +20V/-10V @ positive signal :D

And drives virtual ground of SE classA outputstage allowing low voltage rails & low dissipation. :D

I will apply this to my distortion killer circuit as well. :D

currentsense.jpg

Greetings, Bernhard :)

Thanks for answering me so fast.

I saw your post but I think that simpler it is better it work thats why I don´t want to make active current soursing and try to work only with constant courant source. I know that in this way it's going to warm a lot, but I like it...........
Do you think it's going to work well???????

Excuse me bernhard, I didn´t see the end of your answer.

I think it´s not very important to have DC on output if we have enough Voltage on rail, because we work in symmetrical way. So If there is 0V on the gate of the mos, there will be -3V or -4V on the output. But we have the same thing on the other output, so the loudspeakers will see a differential offset of 0V. Of course we have to be sure that the mosfets are good matched.

Best regards
Hugo

Hugo,

its just two resistors that eliminate the offset...

You could make the Aleph-X without active CS too :xeye:

I have to look at the A-X and try to understand it, I was always too much occupied by my own circuits, so couldn't do it yet.

To me it looks like your schematic works, just the the values of the z-diode 6,2V seems to be a little high, but I can not read the values of the 0,?? ohm resistors.

I am looking forward to your comment about the distortion of A-X and NMDKC* :smash:

Bernhard

*No Mercy Distortion Killer Circuit

Hi everybody........

I had a new idea..... I think that the thing that introduce the most distortion is gain stage. So why not doing a gain stage with lm6181 and just 2 symmetrical follower.... Just an idea.... I attach a shematic but in ps format, I hope you can read it.

Thanks
Hugo

Attachments

• amp2.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 205
Hugo,

now the gain stage is outside the feedback loop...

The susy will have zero effect.

There will be high offset on both sides, maybe compensating each other.

No higher order distortion from the gain fets, could be good.

But still from the feedback loop of the LMs.

I tried that with my distortion killer circuit, left side output stage was not inside the feedback loop, I have to re-check behavior on higher order harmonics, but K2 and K3 was worse.

Bernhard

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
As Nelson Pass and other experts say: “The greater, the better,” ...

In order to increase the amount of bias current from about 20mA to about 28mA through each MOSFET, I added 100 ohm registers running parallel across 32 ohms. Of course, this makes Vds value (Q) lower from about 19Vdc to about 13Vdc across the signal-amplifying MOSFET, and the lowered 13Vdc could be technically too low with respect to linearity.

Nevertheless, after having this, if the music is a TV-screen, I feel that the screen is getting larger, gaining warmer air but without loosing details. Could my feeling be just an illusion?

JH

PS/ I have no idea about signal distortion value at all.

Attachments

• bosoz_latest_01.jpg
    bosoz_latest_01.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,019
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.